PDA

View Full Version : A biting problem...

starlight1
08-01-2014, 08:01 PM
I look after an 18mnth old and also have a 7mnth old

The 18 mnth old has had periods of biting pinching...It has been dealth with and gone...

Mindee was off 2 weeks over Christmas...Mum said she has been biting and pinching her...Nothing seems to be working..

She returned yesterday she was an angel for me till I tried to put shoes on to go home.

Today has been another matter...Trying to bite pinch when I changed her bottom, Screaming the minute she hasn't had my full attention, biting pinching..

I have tired moving her and sitting her down ignoring her...

It seems ...She is biting to avoid anything she doesn't want to do, and also to get attention...She tried to bite me when I was reading son's homework book...

I asked Mum if she had spoken to HV about it...She said HV had no suggestions...

It has been a really long afternoon...any tips will be appreciated...She hasn't been biting the children except the first day baby started in the beginning of December.so it seems to be directed t mum and me..

loocyloo
08-01-2014, 10:22 PM
I know it's hard but keep persevering with the ignoring the pinching and biting. You ignored it and she didn't get her own way so now she has upped the ante and is really trying to get attention/own way. It may get worse to start with but will get better ( will be easier if you and mum both agree to ignore etc)

Try lots of attention and praise for doing things nicely.

Good luck x

SYLVIA
08-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I feel for you greatly! I have a 14month mindee who has drawn blood on 2 others. `The ignoring" and sitting down with a firm No Biting" seems to be having an affect and I have noticed that he seems to go to bite during rough play. But it is so, so tiring when you can't relax for a second because that's all it takes for him to strike. Persevere as already said and good luck