PDA

View Full Version : Garden ideas

maisiemog
08-01-2014, 07:24 PM
I need inspiration for what to do with my garden. It's currently very badly concreted and although safe looks awful!

We've been saving like mad and have £5000 put aside to do it up (want to spend less as after the garden were doing the kitchen and I have expensive plans for that!).

Do i block pave it, get artificial grass or a mix of both? My gut instinct is to do both of them. It's a good sized garden and with a bit of effort could look lovely but neither DH or I enjoy gardening so it needs to be as low effort as possible.

Any ideas? What looks good but isn't too expensive?

flowerpots
08-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Id def do both, then if you have craw, ers they have something soft to play on. :)

Tazmin68
08-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I had a grant which I used for artificial turf. It will have been down three years this August. It is brill like walking on carpet. It was laid professional the company was called nomow. Even after the rain we have had it was dry by 10am yesterday so we could play in the garden.
Deb

moggy
08-01-2014, 10:13 PM
My priorities would be to create an undercover area for all weathers (sunshade and rain protection- awning, sails, sloping roof on pillars or something). Also outdoor resource storage that is watertight and accessible, I get so annoyed with things going rusty or spoiling in the continual damp we have for most of the year.