PDA

View Full Version : Funding for CMs own children...is it in danger of withdrawl?

Simona
08-01-2014, 07:53 AM
I have read about this matter but I have not come across anything that tells me for sure what is happening, the DfE website does not have any news on this....so I hope someone will come forward and share this information

Has the DfE decided that CMs cannot in future claim funding for their own children? if so why?
has anyone seen any official statements to confirm this?

I am really baffled as this has implications for CMs but it has hardly made the news or being discussed openly.
Please share if you can.

tori4
08-01-2014, 09:05 PM
We got. Letter from LA a while bk I will see if I can find it again. Doesn't effect me as all at sch but laughable that I could send my DS to fellow childminder on FEE and she send her DD to me but we can't actually look after our own children ... Then what happens if the local pre-sch is satisfactory/gd but u are an gd/outstanding CM how subtract far?

Will find letter from LA xT

tori4
08-01-2014, 09:09 PM
I have attached as photo can't seen to copy let me know if u can't see it xT

julie w
08-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I have been sent a similar e mail today, but it also states children of relatives as well as our own children. Im having a bit of a panic because I'm due to be minding my grandson in June.

Simona
08-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I have attached as photo can't seen to copy let me know if u can't see it xT

I am speechless...does not happen very often I have to say!!!
our care for own children does not count as 'childcare'? is the DfE dreaming up new headlines every day? this one has been kept rather quiet

CMs are claiming 'free education' to which ALL eligible children are entitled not childcare...utterly ridiculous that cms may have to send children to a nursery or preschool or indeed another CM to claim the funding...what happened to the parents being the 'first educators'?
Am I wrong in saying that practitioners' children can attend a preschool/nursery where their parent works and get funding? so why exclude CMs?

Looks like we have another problem on our hands...I am going to raise concerns about this

Thank you for sharing the message from your LA