PDA

View Full Version : Landlords and childminding

Natalierose
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm looking to rent a new home but just wondering what issues I could come up against with landlords? Have any of you had landlords refuse to allow you to childmind from their properties? I just want to be prepared.
Thanks x

Kidston
07-01-2014, 11:21 PM
It took me ages to find a landlord who would let me childmind more then 90% of them said no. There is a clause un contracts saying that the property can not be used for business and they class childminding as doing this. Every estate agent I spoke to wouldn't allow it the only way I got round it was renting privately from the landlord himself.
Something needs to be done to help those who rent access cm more easily.

manchester mum
07-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Oh dear I'm looking to move soon , didn't think it would be hard to find somewhere , as at lest you would be earning so able to pay the rent :(

munch149
08-01-2014, 09:17 AM
I didn't have a problem actually but don't know if I was just lucky. In fairness we are renting from someone my dad knows now so that might have helped but there didn't seem to be a problem with the four others we viewed (might have changed If we had got to the stage of actually wanting it tho)

Tazmin68
08-01-2014, 10:42 AM
It is not necessarily the landlord that has issues with childminding. In my lease it stated that I could not run a business but as I had bought the freehold I was then ok. It is the same issue if you were buying a property

Deb

jackie 7
08-01-2014, 01:46 PM
U rent. I explain to estate agents that childminding is not seen as a business by inland revenue It had a special name. I don't have to register as a buisnes so don't need to change the house from a home to buisnes. Never had a problem. Have said to the estate agent that I need to keep the place cleaner etc. also ask if they allow children.

Natalierose
08-01-2014, 10:22 PM
U rent. I explain to estate agents that childminding is not seen as a business by inland revenue It had a special name. I don't have to register as a buisnes so don't need to change the house from a home to buisnes. Never had a problem. Have said to the estate agent that I need to keep the place cleaner etc. also ask if they allow children.

This is what I was thinking! Was just hoping to get a bit more clued up on how best to say it to them. So I can explain it properly x