PDA

View Full Version : Registering as a Childminder

AmyWatty
07-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Hi Ladies/Gents,

I'm in a bit of a quandary with regards to registering to become a childminder, I'll explain and try to keep it brief, however I apologise if it's a long post!

I currently live in Surrey, however due to my Husband's job we are moving down to Fareham. We've sold our flat but have had a house fall through and have now missed out on 5 other houses! We're still looking.

I really want to start up as a Childminder as I have a 6 month old daughter and wish to look after her as well as caring and educating other little ones. I'm aware I'll need to register with Fareham Borough Council but does anyone know if I can do anything from Surrey in order that I can at least start the ball rolling?

Is there a check list of what you need to do in order to register too please?

Sorry for the questions!

Thanks,

Amy

Rick
07-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Hi Amy,

Not sure on all points but this thread will hopefully help you :thumbsup:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

happyfeet2013
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
U can certainly work through the standards and get things prepared .. Do a business plan projected outcome and in goings ... Design ur adverts list ur equipment needed cost them to
Etc

Have forms ready to go etc

AmyWatty
08-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Many Thanks Ladies. I'm just keen to do as much as I can before we move!

moggy
08-01-2014, 02:34 PM
You could get a list of dates from the new LA for pre-reg courses (they should offer this free short session where you find out all about CMing in the area, local requirements, basics about registration etc). If you can travel there you might be able to actually attend that course before you move- just ask the new LA if they'd allow that.

You could do the 12-hr Paediatric First Aid through whatever provider the LA specify- but remember many of these things you may need to renew every 3-years (first aid, safeguarding, food hygiene) so if you do them now but are not moved and registered for 6-9mths (moving house can take months and registering can take 3-6mth+) then you have 'wasted' that period of your qualification, but that might no matter to you.

Also, you will not be able to access any local authority grants or subsidised course fees if you are not living in that LA yet.