PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk, is there any point joining if you don't pay the fee?

trickiedickie
07-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I registed my details with them about 6 weeks ago. I have had one enquiry through them (obviously the parents must have paid the fee as they contacted me via childcare.co.uk).

I have just had an email from childcare saying someone has tried to contact me but been unable as I am not a paid up member so parent not able to get any contact details for me.

Has anyone paid the fee and felt it was worth it?

Should I just take my details off it as noone can contact me via it?

What does everyone else do?

My proper name is on Childcare.co.uk so the parent could just then find me on the scottish childcare info website (which is free).
Thanks.

clareelizabeth1
07-01-2014, 06:03 PM
When I first registered 3 years ago I got my first 5 clients from them so it was worth it then. Coming back from mat leave have registered and had no clients from it so it really is luck.

Karen1
07-01-2014, 06:20 PM
All my enquiries from there. Will def be renewing.

jackie 7
07-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I get most of my clients from them. I can message the partners as well. Also great free training.

trickiedickie
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
What does everyone do. Do they pay the yearly fee? That is alot of money for me to find right now.

AliceK
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
I am a Gold member and it's so worth it. Almost all of my current and past mindees have come from there. I believe you can just pay month by month???
xxxx

Richard
07-01-2014, 08:15 PM
There are lots of benefits being a free member and lots more in being a gold member.

Free members can:

- Post a free profile on our website advertising their childminding services.
- Read and Reply to messages sent to them from gold members
- Send messages to initiate contact with gold members even if the gold member hasn't contacted them
- Thousands of childminders have filled vacancies without paying us anything

Gold members can:

- Send messages to all members and all members can reply to them for free
- Receive messages from free members even if the gold member has never messaged the free member
- Access the direct contact details of other members such as phone numbers and email addresses
- Access over 100 online childminding guides written by Sarah707 an Ofsted Outstanding registered childminder
- Read the online edition of Creative Steps magazine
- Access 6 Online training courses from Educare worth over £150 including NSPCC Childcare Protection Awareness, First Aid Essentials, Basic Food Hygiene, Introduction to Equality & Diversity, Personal Safety and Introduction to Data Protection
- Have their profile randomly featured right at the top of the search results
- Receive priority customer support 365 days a year

catswhiskers
09-01-2014, 12:34 AM
I think it's a good site and have had a few parents message me after I've created my profile as a childminder in such a such an area. Parents are allowed one message and myself one message back.

The only bugbear is that when I type in my postcode for parents looking for childcare in the area, my profile comes up way after others that are miles away.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Have you tried searching the site too, it isn't only parents that can do this? In the search box click on parents looking for care and your post code and you will see them all, just email or call them and hopefully you can get some work

chezzagriff
09-01-2014, 09:07 AM
When I first started last February I paid for 2 months and got nothing so felt the same I decided to try one more month and ended up messaging every parent even the ones that Wernt close. I ended up with 5 under 5s (have took on an assistant) and a school pick up and I have had parents since message me that u have had to turn away so when my numbers drop I will definitely be renewing.

Tazmin68
09-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I've been a member for as long as I can remember. I think 4 plus years. I just put it through my books so don't worry about it. I'm bordering on paying tax so I am trying to spend.

Deb

Kiddleywinks
09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Personally, yes I do think it's worth paying. You only need one parent to sign up and the cost is covered.
Most businesses pay to advertise their services, and for the amount it is over the course of the year, it's one the most cost effective method imo.

As with any advertising, they can't be held accountable for whether it will work for you or not, nor can they be responsible for the actions of the other users - if a parent doesn't respond to your message it's not the websites fault - but I have had 2 definite clients from the site, and many more conversations/contact.

I was due to renew but was fortunate to win a years free membership via the forum comp, but I would have paid again.

Richard
09-01-2014, 04:08 PM
It's great to hear that so many of you have found Childcare.co.uk useful and have filled vacancies using it. :)

supermumy
09-01-2014, 06:14 PM
I've got work from it also doesn't always come straight away but works there
I'm gonna become gold again at weekend :)