PDA

View Full Version : If someone gave you £200 to spend on resources what would you get?

oxfordshirecm
07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi, I have just become qualified to offer the TYE and have been given a grant of £200 to buy resources for my setting. However, i am unsure what to get as i want everything. I have a SEN 2 year old that needs additional help with speech and her physical development so something that's along the sensory line would be good.

So i thought i would start a thread to see what you would get with it? also where is best to have a look?

TIA

sarah707
07-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I'd have a ball with £200 and spend it on some outside signs (that don't die in the rain), outside toys and games to promote physical development... oh and I have a catalogue with a lovely wooden kitchen set in it I'd buy that too :)

lilac_dragon
07-01-2014, 07:44 PM
A music wall.

FloraDora
07-01-2014, 07:57 PM
A music wall.

My music wall cost about £5 !! Have had to add more delicate sounds though as My first design had quite a lot of banging - LO design their own by the way they hang the various 'musical' items on the racks and fence - DH is planning to make a jangly with all the Christmas beer bottle tops, just debating if we have to spray paint them - would ofsted approve of beer labels??

Good inspiration here: let the children play: 5 ideas for outdoor music play (http://www.letthechildrenplay.net/2011/05/ideas-for-music-play-outdoors.html)

Still giving my £200 wish list some thought - where did you get this funding?

blue bear
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Dark den, rechargeable torches (tts) rechargeable working mobile phones (tts) voice changer, echo mike, talking point (tts) sensory treasure basket,building bricks (sponge from tts) hard hats, high viz jackets, diggers, soil, spades.
This is what I bought with my grant.