PDA

View Full Version : Posters ! Lack of ?

Marshmallow
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Morning guys :clapping:

I'm looking for some new educational posters, you know the kind, Food Pyramid, Alphabet, Colours and such like, but the shop I used to buy them from has been a victim of the times and disappeared :panic:

Anyone know any online shops, or major oulets plz ?:laughing:

Cheers All

ninagee
07-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I make my own posters and laminate them. Only yesterday, we made an emotions poster with help from the older mindees :-)

Nina

vals
07-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Some of the 99p and £1 stores have them.

smurfette
07-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Dealz do them or book shops

dawn100
07-01-2014, 11:59 AM
My local library sells them, have also seen them in toys r us.

maisiemog
07-01-2014, 12:32 PM
All of mine are from 99p shop. They do some good ones

loocyloo
07-01-2014, 12:53 PM
we've been taking photos and are going to make posters on truprint/snapfish using their photo collage!

Rubybubbles
07-01-2014, 01:21 PM
go onto pinterest and put it in the search box - loose a few hours but I bet you'll find something (and too much other stuff haha)

critch
08-01-2014, 01:34 PM
I got mine from poundstretcher

rickysmiths
08-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't have any up and rarely ever had. I can't see the point as most of the children I have couldn't read or understand them and they clutter the wall.

I have two lovely children's prints on the wall one of an animal hospital in a wood that was given to me over 50 years ago by my grandparents and a print by the same artist that I spotted myself last year by the same artist but it is a School room in a wood. Both by Margaret Tarrant

I then put up various things including postcards of places and things the children know, many of them have been chosen by the children over the years when we have been on outings. Sometimes things to do with the topic we are looking at are put on a cork board.

catswhiskers
09-01-2014, 12:08 AM
I collected lots from the EYE magazine from WH Smith over the past year or so. They were about different countries, festivals, colours, food, etc. but I just didn't have the space and also felt that older children would benefit more, even though I do help the kids I look after with lots of things.

I gave them to a local after-school club but they didn't make use of them and I found them just stashed away in a cupboard that I also use for a toddler group I run in the same hall!

Ofsted have never asked me whether I put up posters in my home.

bunyip
09-01-2014, 08:56 AM
We make a lot of our own posters/displays by cutting and sticking from old CBeebies magazines and similar. :thumbsup:

You can also get freebies from relevant organisations such as Change For Life, etc.