PDA

View Full Version : washing line

Tulip
06-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Is it ok to hang out washing on the line whilst childminding?
I'm really not sure about this
Thanks in advance

cathtee
06-01-2014, 09:11 PM
I do, the lo's pass the pegs, we count and I ask for a particular coloured one, or they just run around.

Angela234
06-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I do that's one of the advantages of working from home. my line is separated from children's area by a gate so I can hang out whilst they play the other side of gate I don' hang out if they are inside would wait till they can go out or sleep time. Not so easy to get in if raining so would bring in when looks like could rain

moggy
06-01-2014, 09:22 PM
yes of course- they love to help, indoors or out, they have their own little washing rack to hand their face cloths on etc, they love saying the names of what belongs to who! It is all clean laundry so no problem!

Tulip
06-01-2014, 10:28 PM
All sounds good, so ofsted don't have a problem with washing lines then or the rotary ones?

miffy
06-01-2014, 10:41 PM
All sounds good, so ofsted don't have a problem with washing lines then or the rotary ones?

I've got a rotary washing line on the patio near the house, it's permanently up and ofsted have never mentioned it.

Miffy xx

loocyloo
06-01-2014, 10:44 PM
The only concern would be the safety issue if a rotary washing line is left 'down' and the lines are loose and a child could get tangled in them. If they are down they need a cover on them if anywhere near where the children play.

rickysmiths
07-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I have a rotary one and I have a cover. It is in the middle of the lawn area so when the children are out if it isn't in use then I take it out of it's hole and lie it down out of the way by the fence.