PDA

View Full Version : Separate contracts for siblings?

kellyskidz!
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Title says it all, do we do separate contracts for siblings? There one after schoolie and one half a day-er
Thanks in advance xx

samb
06-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I have a space on mine to put separate details for siblings but use the same contract- otherwise there would be unnecessary duplication.

kellyskidz!
06-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks Hun :) xx

samb
06-01-2014, 02:22 PM
No problem - I'm always up for ease!

moggy
06-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Siblings are individuals and need individual contracts:
There could be all kinds of differences- parental info, contracted hours/days, residence arrangements, fees and holiday arrangements (if one becomes school age for example) etc.
You may be given notice for one but not the other, you may need to make contract changes for one but not the other.
A legal/contractual dispute may arise with one sibling but be nothing to do with the other- by sharing a contract you can be complicating things in the long term. Long term archiving of files is easier if they are not linked together: one child=one folder.

They should always be treated as individuals, despite the duplication it might cause. IMO!

kellyskidz!
06-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Lol that's my style too, keep it simple x

samb
06-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Siblings are individuals and need individual contracts:
There could be all kinds of differences- parental info, contracted hours/days, residence arrangements, fees and holiday arrangements (if one becomes school age for example) etc.
You may be given notice for one but not the other, you may need to make contract changes for one but not the other.
A legal/contractual dispute may arise with one sibling but be nothing to do with the other- by sharing a contract you can be complicating things in the long term. Long term archiving of files is easier if they are not linked together: one child=one folder.

They should always be treated as individuals, despite the duplication it might cause. IMO!

Really? I do understand where you are coming from and yes I suppose if there are obvious differences such as different parents or different home addresses etc? Each child has own child record form for their own individual bits, the contracted times are written in the contract as child 1 and child 2 separate but on the same form. They have own permissions forms too. But main bulk of contract is the same. If any amendments I do a letter stating this is part of the contract and must be kept with the original the same whether its a change to 1 or both.

moggy
06-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Really? I do understand where you are coming from and yes I suppose if there are obvious differences such as different parents or different home addresses etc? Each child has own child record form for their own individual bits, the contracted times are written in the contract as child 1 and child 2 separate but on the same form. They have own permissions forms too. But main bulk of contract is the same. If any amendments I do a letter stating this is part of the contract and must be kept with the original the same whether its a change to 1 or both.

Pacey contracts, small print on the back of the contracts, Section 3: 'As separate contract must be completed for each child, since the circumstances of each child within the same family may be different depending on age and development.'

I use Pacey contracts so I do it the way they say to make sure I qualify for their legal back-up etc.

dawn100
06-01-2014, 02:48 PM
I use mm contracts and they say that it can be used for up to two children if their needs and requirements are the same, child record forms are seperate to contracts, but says if children has different needs eg diff hours then two contracts would be needed. So if you are using contracts by either pacey or mm you need to make sure how you use them is in line with their guidance.

loocyloo
06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I have a separate contract for each child as they may come different times and days.

I also have individual permission forms, medical detail forms, food likes & dislikes, and 'all about me' forms. the only thing that is shared within a family is the policy & procedure document!

shortstuff
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I treat every child as an individual regardless of any other family members attending my setting. This means with records, contracts etc. As others have said you never know how things might change for 1. Such as going to school. I would rather make changes to 1 than all.

Hth x

karen m
06-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Seperate contracts for each child

samb
06-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Oh dear so sorry I have offered the wrong advice! I am with mm and use my own contracts. I better give them a call for future reference. The only siblings I have at the moment are leaving at end of the month and although I have a new sibling starting the older sibling has been with me for 3.5 years so I've done a new separate contract for baby but I would have just done same again if siblings coming to me afresh. I will call them.

tulip0803
06-01-2014, 04:50 PM
I do a contract for each child even if their needs are the same.

kellyskidz!
06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
No you haven't given the wrong advice, since mm's own contracts say these can be used for up to two children. But I know what others mean and I think I will do two separates since their hours ARE likely to change in a few weeks and it will save making too many alterations to one contract. I also write my own contracts so it wont be too costly, i'll just print out extra copies! Thanks all for advice xxx

Jingle
06-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Oh dear so sorry I have offered the wrong advice! I am with mm and use my own contracts. I better give them a call for future reference. The only siblings I have at the moment are leaving at end of the month and although I have a new sibling starting the older sibling has been with me for 3.5 years so I've done a new separate contract for baby but I would have just done same again if siblings coming to me afresh. I will call them.

I used MM contracts previously and used them for two children from the same family on more than one occasion. They say they can be used for two children so really there shouldn't be a problem. Think it just depends on whose contracts you use to be fair.