PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of care question

Rachel23
06-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I everyone after a bit of advice.

I had a little boy aged 3 a couple of sessions before Xmas and mum said she may need help in jan while she works her notice in her job. Her plans have now fallen through for her daughter who is in year one at school and is 5. Would this come under continuity of care? I didn't have contracted days for the son before Xmas it was just as mum needed me. Having the daughter will push my numbers to 7- the brother (3) my son (3) mindee (2.5) mindees (6),(5)(5) all in year one so out if early years plus the sister who is in same class as the 3 I already look after.

It is only for 2 afternoons a week until the end of January.

I have risk assessed and can meet all of the children's needs within the hours I have the children. I am qualified to level 3 if tabby makes any difference

Thanks in advance

Xx

samb
06-01-2014, 02:16 PM
No you can't have 7 under 8s - continuity is to up the early years numbers not to go over 6.

kellyskidz!
06-01-2014, 02:20 PM
No, if her daughter is new business its not continuity of care as its a new child xx

Jingle
06-01-2014, 02:33 PM
You can never ever go over your six under eight years number for any reason.

Tazmin68
06-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi Agree with others as the sibling that you had before Christmas was not a child with contracted hours then you cannot as both would then be new business plus the maximum is 6 children under 8 years.

My sinario was different. I have three children with me on Mondays and Wednesdays aged 9 months, 2 years and 3 years and a sibling of one of these is starting with me from 8th Jan as he qualifies for the two year old funded place and as older sister attends for her three year old funded place I am able to go up to 4 children with relevent paperwork completed.

Deb

charlottenash
06-01-2014, 02:46 PM
I thought 6 was the maximum. No questions, no continuity of care. It's 6 under 8 and that is it.

Rachel23
06-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Oh ok thank you, I wasn't sure if it meant u could go one over your 6. I do have a contract with the parents but it's for adhoc hours their hours just aren't set as they work shifts.

My partner was registered as my assistant when I registered if he were here for the hours would this mean I would be able to go over the 6?

Thank you all for your help xx

Rachel23
06-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I have also had the daughter before now during school holidays not sure if that makes any difference to her being a new child x

Tazmin68
06-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Your certificate stipulates how many children you can care for. Are you registered got more than 6 children because of your hubby being your assistant if not and it is still 6 then you cannot do anything.

Rachel23
06-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Your certificate stipulates how many children you can care for. Are you registered got more than 6 children because of your hubby being your assistant if not and it is still 6 then you cannot do anything.

Thank you, I was originally registered for 5 as my son is early years so he makes 6, my newest certificate doesn't have any restrictions on it so I wasn't sure where I stood with regards to my partner as he is registered as my assistant but has never been on my certificate xx

Tazmin68
06-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Unless you are registered for more than 6 because you have an assistant then the answer is still no as it means that you are registered for 6 children under 8 years so there is nothing you can do.

Rachel23
07-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Brilliant thanks for clearing it up for me :-) x