PDA

View Full Version : Own child unwell

Miss freckles
06-01-2014, 02:01 PM
My son hasn't been himself on and off over the weekend, had a fever coming and going.
He was fine this morning but had a call from the school at lunchtime to collect him as he has a fever again.

What I want to know is what you all do if your own children are off poorly? I'm thinking I'm going to have to take him to the drs tomorrow as a fever on and off for 3-4 days doesn't seem right, but I'll have to take two little ones with me as well. Would you remain open and just let parents know that my own child isn't well and we may have to go to the doctors?

I don't really want to close obviously with it only being the second day back, what would you normally do?

charlottenash
06-01-2014, 02:50 PM
As long as nothing contagious or sickness/diarrhoea I would remain open. Just let parents know you will be going to docs and they can collect their child if they don't want them going (they won't collect them).

See what doc says and then take it from there.

Get well soon to him too.

AliceK
06-01-2014, 03:08 PM
If you think you can "manage" the mindees whilst talking to the Dr about your DS then take them. I've taken mindees to all sorts of medical appts. I know the children I can and will take and the odd one or two that I wouldn't lol.

xxxx

shortstuff
06-01-2014, 03:24 PM
As with other replies mindees have attended gp appointments for myself and ds. I only close if ds is contagious or needs me preventing me from doing my job. He was under the weather before xmas so he laid on the sofa all day watching movies while I worked x

kellib
06-01-2014, 03:26 PM
I give parents the option if it's nothing contagious, one time I had to take my son to doctors because his ear was bleeding, parents were fine with LO's coming.

You'll find most parents are happy for you to take LO's with you as if saves them making other arrangements

Miss freckles
06-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks everybody