PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Application

WendyLudlam
06-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone! Happy new year :)

I am in the process of applying to ofsted, do I just need to complete the early years application as this also covers the childcare register too? Can anyone shed any light on what forms I need to complete?

Big thanks in advance :) xx

cathtee
07-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Happy new year to you too, sorry I can't be of any help to you, I've been childminding since the arc :laughing: so things have changed dramatically in the registering process, hopefully someone will be able to help

sarah707
07-01-2014, 08:05 PM
I've been here for quite a few years too... but yes, I believe that the one form covers both registers.

if you are unsure you should ring Ofsted and check - it will save things getting returned or being held up later :D

FloraDora
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone! Happy new year :)

I am in the process of applying to ofsted, do I just need to complete the early years application as this also covers the childcare register too? Can anyone shed any light on what forms I need to complete?

Big thanks in advance :) xx

Just complete Early years register and there is a section in that for the childcare register.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloading/?file=documents/eyfs2012/Guide%20to%20registration%20on%20the%20Early%20Yea rs%20Register%20childcare%20provider%20-%20dndp%20from%20September%202012.doc&refer=0

This document outlines it all, point 53 says: 'It is helpful if you decide whether or not you need to register on the Childcare Register before applying for registration on the Early Years Register. The application form for the Early Years Register includes a section where you can apply to register on the Childcare Register without completing a separate form or paying an additional fee.'

WendyLudlam
07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Thank you! All sorted :) xx

MrsPixie
09-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi Wendy (It's Katy from the CYPOP5 course :) -red hair!)

I did the same as suggested and just filled in the childcare section on the early years form.