PDA

View Full Version : Asda books

greanan
05-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Adds direct have loads of kids books reduced to 1 or 2 pounds including lots of noisy books with sound buttons. Many of the books have free delivery on them so works out at a great bargain!

shortstuff
06-01-2014, 05:42 AM
Oh no x means I will have to have a look x

Thanks x

miffy
06-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Ooooooooh noooooooo I mustn't look, I mustn't look.................

Miffy xx

FloraDora
06-01-2014, 11:49 AM
'Noisy books with sound buttons'
I will resist these...I have a LO who is very advanced in his finer, motor and thinking skills, loves anything that 'works' levers, buttons etc.. But is so dissapointed in the books if they don't do something! A sign of the modern child I think who immediately presses pictures in books because they are so used to interactive ones and on ipads, phones etc...
We are focussing on grabbing his attention with great stories ( and me reading it in a way that attracts him) that stand alone for their literacy not 'what works' and then follow up activities....

But, on looking there are a few of these too....resist, resist, resist its only 6 days into the new year!!!

yummyripples
06-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I only shop at charity shops for books now. 5 for 99p. I have recently had the tiger who came for tea, that's not my pirate, we're going on a bear hunt and those books with pens like a magna doodle thing

cherry
06-01-2014, 12:03 PM
I went to Asda yesterday and they have their Easter eggs on the shelves

mrs owl
06-01-2014, 02:29 PM
I went to Asda yesterday and they have their Easter eggs on the shelves

My husbands been delivering them to the distribution depots since October!

charlottenash
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I only shop at charity shops for books now. 5 for 99p. I have recently had the tiger who came for tea, that's not my pirate, we're going on a bear hunt and those books with pens like a magna doodle thing

They are 10 for a £1 in the charity shop near us. Apparently books don't sell now! I almost feel as if I'm robbing them when I walk away with 20 books and change from a fiver.

kellyskidz!
06-01-2014, 03:10 PM
They are 10 for a £1 in the charity shop near us. Apparently books don't sell now! I almost feel as if I'm robbing them when I walk away with 20 books and change from a fiver.

Ours are the same in a local library. Or buy two 'better books' for 50p and get three free!
We've had some amazing bargains, all of the Gruffalo books and the others by same author like Room on the Broom, the giant one, a squash and a squeeze, all 5 for 50p! They cost £6 each brand new and they're in such good condition- I felt like I was stealing too lol! I did put an extra £1 in their charity box though so I'm not too tight!xx