PDA

View Full Version : did You know.......

Mrsh3103
05-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Coffee and laptops don't mix???

I've tipped an entire cup of boiling hot coffee all over my laptop :(

Luckily when I started minding I bought an external hard drive so all my cm bits are backed up *phew*. But.... the level 3 coursework I have done over the Christmas holidays isnt :(

My friends fiancé is going to try and retrieve it all so I don't have to re do an entire unit. Just my luck :(

I will be phoning my insurance company tomorrow.

FloraDora
05-01-2014, 04:37 PM
This once happened to me and I was able to dry it out by using a combination of hairdryer and the airing cupboard - but it wasn't switched on when I washed it out with coffee and I think that's why I could dry it out with out too much damage.

Not a nice feeling though...good idea to have an external hard drive back up!

Good luck.

sarah707
05-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh no! Dd found that out when she dropped a sticky drink into her keyboard recently... luckily once it had dried out she was able to attach a separate keyboard and it works ok.

It may salvage - dry it slowly first. Hugs xx

Bluebell
05-01-2014, 05:48 PM
oh no!! :(

I really hope you can retrieve your coursework.

Mrsh3103
05-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Dh just reminded me we pay £7.99 a month for pc world whatever happens insurance! He's phoned them and coffee spills are covered :)
I've just got to drop it off at pc world in the morning then they will either repair or replace it!
Panic over :)

Mrsh3103
05-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh and they also retrieve important information too. So no need to rewrite my work yay :)