PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with assistants

miss mopple
18-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Or your DH's working as unpaid ones :laughing: , have they done a first aid course?

My DH is registered as my assistant, I don't use him often though, only for the odd sch run and if the kids are sleeping etc.TBH I can't remember the last time I left the kids with him.

He hasn't done a peadiatric 1st aid course, but has done the full 5 day 1st aid at work course as he's a police officer.

I'm seriously thinking of sacking him though as the EYFS says that anyone in sole charge of children must have a current paediatric 1st aid certificate.

I questioned this on my EYFS training recently and apparently his 1st aid at work isn't enough, even though it covered kids.

Its not worth sending him on another course for the little time he's with the mindees (and I doubt he'd agree to go on one anyway) so I think I'll have to do an Alan Sugar on him :o

Pauline
18-07-2008, 07:26 PM
My hubby works as my assistant and he did first aid when it became available not because he had to, but because he felt that when alone with the children he wanted to know what to do in an emergency.

Because he now needs it for EYFS it proved to be a good idea! :thumbsup: