PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

greanan
02-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm moving house in a few weeks time (same area).. When do I need to inform scswis?

greanan
02-01-2014, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE="greanan;1330659"]I'm moving house in a few weeks time (same area).. When do I need to inform scswis?[/QUOT

Can anyone help? X

loocyloo
02-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm not in Scotland but I rang ofsted when I knew it was happening and then once I had moved.
The second time I moved I rang and got details/permission on file as I was working up until 6pm on the Friday at the Old House and starting 7am on the Monday at New house!!!

greanan
02-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Thank you! It's only a couple of weeks awY so should maybe try phoning tomorrow? I'm doing the sane, moving in the Friday them working from new house on the Monday x

loocyloo
03-01-2014, 09:13 AM
I would give them a call and then badger them a bit ... I had one person say they would send my cert out so I had it for new house before I moved ... When it didn't arrive another person said they couldn't do that and I couldn't work until I had paper copy of cert ... I said no good I HAD to work monday morning! ... Another person said it could be put 'on the system ' but phone to check before I started work ... But as they don't open before I started work ( and closed before I finished in the Friday ) they might not be able to! At this point I asked to speak to someone higher and it was all sorted out.

You would think that it was a regular enough occurance for them to deal with!

greanan
03-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I would give them a call and then badger them a bit ... I had one person say they would send my cert out so I had it for new house before I moved ... When it didn't arrive another person said they couldn't do that and I couldn't work until I had paper copy of cert ... I said no good I HAD to work monday morning! ... Another person said it could be put 'on the system ' but phone to check before I started work ... But as they don't open before I started work ( and closed before I finished in the Friday ) they might not be able to! At this point I asked to speak to someone higher and it was all sorted out. You would think that it was a regular enough occurance for them to deal with!

Did they not come out to check house first before giving a new certificate? Just tried to phone them but think they may be shut till Monday? X

loocyloo
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Did they not come out to check house first before giving a new certificate? Just tried to phone them but think they may be shut till Monday? X

Nope! I haven't seen sight of an inspector since I moved 250 miles in the first place ... I was sure moving again to current house would trigger something ... But no! That was over 2 yrs ago! I was just asked if I had any risk concerns! A friend was asked to email a risk assessment and house plan ... I wasn't. It was suggested that maybe it was because I was outstanding and also part of local network.

Good luck. Can you email them so that when you call, in theory, they already have the details? And put URGENT in subject !

greanan
03-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Nope! I haven't seen sight of an inspector since I moved 250 miles in the first place ... I was sure moving again to current house would trigger something ... But no! That was over 2 yrs ago! I was just asked if I had any risk concerns! A friend was asked to email a risk assessment and house plan ... I wasn't. It was suggested that maybe it was because I was outstanding and also part of local network. Good luck. Can you email them so that when you call, in theory, they already have the details? And put URGENT in subject !

Thanks so much for your help - I'll email them now

loocyloo
03-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks so much for your help - I'll email them now

No worries! Good luck x

playdayz
05-01-2014, 01:01 AM
I moved house in june when I called ofsted they just asked for my moving date an said they would send it on that day because I couldn't have two certificates as if I was to receive new house the old one would not be valid, an that I was able to mind in the new house while I was waiting for new certificate to arrive as it was all on their system, I just needed to RA new house before starting minding x

fionamal
05-01-2014, 08:45 AM
When I moved house (Scotland) it took them 3 weeks to come out to inspect new house and your not allowed to work until its been all passed. So get them on the phone now and get it all in motion. Remember you have to have a fire certificate too for the new house so that needs done before the scswis will come out.

Good luck with the house move, I found it to be very stressful and have said never again

doris127
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm Scotland too. I told them a few weeks before and they just wanted a fire check and a risk assessment. I arranged to.meet the fire officer at the New house - who did a quick check of where the fire alarms were and I told him.where I'd put my fire blanket and that was about it. Finished on the Fri in the old house and started on the Mon in the new house. Think just depends on who you speak to. They did a premises check at my next inspection - 2 years later.

greanan
05-01-2014, 01:54 PM
When I moved house (Scotland) it took them 3 weeks to come out to inspect new house and your not allowed to work until its been all passed. So get them on the phone now and get it all in motion. Remember you have to have a fire certificate too for the new house so that needs done before the scswis will come out. Good luck with the house move, I found it to be very stressful and have said never again

Sounds like a nightmare!! I'll be phoning first thing Monday! I had a feeling they'd need to come out and see it first

greanan
05-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm Scotland too. I told them a few weeks before and they just wanted a fire check and a risk assessment. I arranged to.meet the fire officer at the New house - who did a quick check of where the fire alarms were and I told him.where I'd put my fire blanket and that was about it. Finished on the Fri in the old house and started on the Mon in the new house. Think just depends on who you speak to. They did a premises check at my next inspection - 2 years later.

Great thanks. Where the fire alarms main fitted ones?

doris127
06-01-2014, 07:01 AM
yes - they have to be mins wired now. Well they do in my area - and I think.it is a national standard.

greanan
06-01-2014, 11:05 AM
yes - they have to be mins wired now. Well they do in my area - and I think.it is a national standard.

That's what I thought, doubt it would if changed since i put in mains one when first moved a few years ago. I've just phoned to ask about moving and registration being moved - they require 3 months notice as they need to check house etc first. Eeek!!! Moving in less than two weeks. Help!!! Lol

loocyloo
06-01-2014, 11:34 AM
That's what I thought, doubt it would if changed since i put in mains one when first moved a few years ago. I've just phoned to ask about moving and registration being moved - they require 3 months notice as they need to check house etc first. Eeek!!! Moving in less than two weeks. Help!!! Lol

That's ridiculous! phone again and ask to speak to someone else and say you ARE moving in 2 weeks! and need it sorted! pronto !!!

good luck x

doris127
06-01-2014, 01:00 PM
ever since Scswis centralised everything its become much harder to get things done!! Is there a form on eforms you need to submit. If so do that and phone your own CI and see if they can help speed things along. Glad I moved a few years ago!

greanan
06-01-2014, 08:29 PM
ever since Scswis centralised everything its become much harder to get things done!! Is there a form on eforms you need to submit. If so do that and phone your own CI and see if they can help speed things along. Glad I moved a few years ago!

Yep, submitted an eform today. Just didn't think it'd take 3 months :-(