PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Lauren :-0

maryp0ppins
02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Why oh why oh why do parents send their LO's in designer clothing. Fair enough that I said the next 2 days are going to be more laid back free play days (did so many crafts running up to Xmas I think we're all crafted out ;) ) but to send them in their new Ralph Lauren clothes is pure madness, were going out in the garden now, garden = dirt !!!!

Maza
02-01-2014, 02:40 PM
I know! It's madness.

KatieFS
02-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Oh dear! Got to laugh really!! They like children. To look presentable!

As long as they know children lonely to get dirty and use materials like paint then it's up to them. Totally insane if you ask me! Ha ha

loocyloo
02-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Lol one of mine arrived in white converse boots and no wellies ... we've been at the zoo all day .... oops .. they are not white now!

k1rstie
02-01-2014, 04:39 PM
At least plain coloured converse can go in the washing machine!

Simona
02-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Lol one of mine arrived in white converse boots and no wellies ... we've been at the zoo all day .... oops .. they are not white now!

Oh dear!!..that made me laugh!! white converse when the weather has been atrocious and rain falling like there is no tomorrow!

samb
02-01-2014, 05:22 PM
As long as they aren't precious about how they look at the end of the day it's not a problem really- I used to keep nice clothes for "best" for my dd but soon realised I'd rather she wore them and got dirty than never wore them. My boss (when I was nannying) used to buy her monsoon silk dresses! Certainly not something I would buy for a child but I put her in them anyway she just got dirty anyway.

Tealady
02-01-2014, 05:59 PM
My son wears his designer clothes for Pre-school, the woods, playing in the garden and always gets them trashed....

....they are all 3rd/4th hand "hand me downs" though! His supermarket clothes are in better condition.

My Mum always used to by Dd & DS nice clothes "for best". Suffice to say they were rarely worn? I gave up in the end. Once they had be worn 3 or 4 times they were worn.for everyday.

I would always assume that if a child is sent in/with.something then the parent's don't mind the usual state they come home in.