PDA

View Full Version : query on new starter

carolyn01
02-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Hi,

I have a mum who wants a space from next June (two children). She wants term time only so I will have children literally 6 weeks until school holidays and then September eldest starts school so just take and pick up from school and have younger sibling two days. If I hold a space from now until next June, do I charge her fees or say wait and see if I am still available then? Its only two days a week but not sure what to do?

Thanks for any advice.

shortstuff
02-01-2014, 01:09 PM
you are the only one who can make that decision im afraid. Can you afford to have 2 places taken up with out earning any income from them? do you mean 2014 or 2015 as you say next June?

kellyskidz!
02-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I'd say to mum that you can't guarantee a space unless she pays a retainer that can be sorted between you. It can either be refunded when the kids start or I know some cms take a non refundable deposit to keep the space open, or tell parents they can take a chance when they want the place but there's no guarantee, that way you don't have to turn work away if she hasn't secured the places xxx