PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, not quite sure what to do...

EmmaReed84
02-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I have one little 19mth old. He is usually very boisterious and I have to have eyes in the back of my head with him, he is a lovely little boy who is always giggling! He arrived this morning and quietly got a few toys out the box, then laid on the floor!

I picked him up and laid him on the sofa, thinking that he was just tired from an early started. Anyway, we woke up, very quiet again, then laid on the floor again! I have again laid him on the sofa and he has fallen back asleep. He is not a problem or a bother, he isn't crying, isn't hot, but he is very out of character! When he has a sleep he usually only ever has an hour in the whole day and he has now been like this for the past 2.5 hours.

Not sure whether to call parent or to wait and see how it is until lunch time. Like I said, he is not a bother at all, my two boys are playing in their room, and I am just catching up on some work. But I do need to go out at some point today as I need to put a cheque in the bank!

Zoomie
02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I would text parents 'just to inform them of the uncharacteristic behaviour' and say you will continue to monitor.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I would keep an eye out and TALK to mum in case he has had a bump that they haven't told you about.

EmmaReed84
02-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I would keep an eye out and TALK to mum in case he has had a bump that they haven't told you about.

I have just text her and she has replied to say keep her updated. I will see he is in the nxt hour or so and try to wake him for lunch, then take it from there. Mum collects at 5pm, I might see how he is and ask she collects a little bit earlier, say 4.30pm, so I can get to the bank, and she doesn't lose a half a days pay!

He really isn't a bother and I don't mind keeping him. I just don't want to take the poor tot out, but I have to get to the bank today.

The Juggler
02-01-2014, 11:45 AM
bit scary hon, that kind of behaviour. My DS behaved like this once when very little and he was having an asthma episode though we didn't know. his blood oxygen was low hence the lying down and sleepiness. By the time we took him to GP after we collected from our childminder we had to take him to the hospital. Please ask mum to collect and get him checked over.

EmmaReed84
02-01-2014, 11:56 AM
bit scary hon, that kind of behaviour. My DS behaved like this once when very little and he was having an asthma episode though we didn't know. his blood oxygen was low hence the lying down and sleepiness. By the time we took him to GP after we collected from our childminder we had to take him to the hospital. Please ask mum to collect and get him checked over.

Just called Mum to collect. His temp has shot up to 38.6/101.4, I have striped him down to his vest and given calpol. Poor little mite, hate seeing children who are usually full of beans, so quiet.

EmmaReed84
02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Mum has just been and collected LO, and typical, he perked up (not that I acually want him to be ill)! He had a little bit of lunch and then Mum took him home. I did say it was probably due to the Calpol which was given at 11.50am... Mum was absolutely fine about it though. Hate sending children home :panic:

shortstuff
02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
it is the tough part of the job so well done for making the decision. I sent one home before xmas and he ended up in hospital with suspected pneumonia so the right but tough decision there too x

hope the parent will keep you updated x

KatieFS
02-01-2014, 04:22 PM
You did the right thing, as was reading the thread thought yes temp will be going up this afternoon. Cannot be too careful with littlies!
Bless him hope he is ok xx

EmmaReed84
06-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Mum has dropped LO off this morning and said he was absolutely fine when she got him home and thinks his back teeth are coming through, as he is really snotty and biting EVERYTHING!

He seems okay this morning, has a bit of a cough, but is smiling and sitting with my boys. Mum has put some Calpol in the bag just in case. This is my first day back, so fingers crossed we can get a full day of playing, before having to brave the elements at 3pm! :thumbsup: