PDA

View Full Version : Is a two week menu enough?

Glitter
02-01-2014, 09:57 AM
I am having a really good sort out of how I do things.

For a while I had a menu with a four week rota, then I gave up having a menu at all.
After one parent mentioning that her child had fish fingers three days in a row (once at Grandmas, once at home and once with me), I decided to have a menu again.

Thinking as a parent would you think a menu on a two week rota would be enough?

Simona
02-01-2014, 10:29 AM
I am having a really good sort out of how I do things.

For a while I had a menu with a four week rota, then I gave up having a menu at all.
After one parent mentioning that her child had fish fingers three days in a row (once at Grandmas, once at home and once with me), I decided to have a menu again.

Thinking as a parent would you think a menu on a two week rota would be enough?

I think that it would be very suitable indeed....one week in advance would be great for me as well!!!:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2014, 11:09 AM
I have a 5 week rotating rota which starts at the beginning of each month and if there are 5 weeks I use the 5th and if not just use 4. I have one for summer and winter, both were drawn up in dicussions with the children.

Simona
02-01-2014, 11:14 AM
I have a 5 week rotating rota which starts at the beginning of each month and if there are 5 weeks I use the 5th and if not just use 4. I have one for summer and winter, both were drawn up in dicussions with the children.

That is a very good point...it is important to consult with the children which reflects true choice for them!

Glitter
02-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Very good point about discussing it with children.
Sadly none of mine are old enough to ask, but I have asked parents for feed back on the new menu (whether they think their children will enjoy the food on offer or not).

Simona
02-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Very good point about discussing it with children.
Sadly none of mine are old enough to ask, but I have asked parents for feed back on the new menu (whether they think their children will enjoy the food on offer or not).

Sorry I should have said consulting with children who can discuss a menu not the non verbal ones!

Tealady
02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
DS's Pre-school have a two week menu. They have never had any complaints.

Tinkerbell1979
02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
I do a 3 week rota like the schools

Maza
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
DD's school has a two week menu. Obviously if there is a festival it might change on that day and so it keeps it interesting, for example they had a Thanks giving meal and a Christmas meal etc. I think the menu changes each term, or at least they have a Summer/Winter one. Go for it, if you don't think it is working you can always add a third week.

Dovile
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I have 2 week menu, some days I cook different, it's not 100% rota, but I let parents know what they been eating that day anyway.