PDA

View Full Version : tuff spot ideas for babies

Kidston
02-01-2014, 09:27 AM
I have a tuff spot I put small world toys in but having a 12month old of course it get destoyed in seconds. Shes still into the eat everything stage so sand or things like lentils is a no go.
So some baby friendly tuff spot activities would be great please.

Pixie dust
02-01-2014, 10:25 AM
How about using cooked spaghetti/cereals or jelly as then it won't matter if they eat it. You can add things to it/hide things in it to make it interesting for all ages.

kellyskidz!
02-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Custard, feathers (the mulicoloured packs you can buy in craft shops or craft sections of supermarkets) rice pudding, rainbow drop sweets (I got a huge bag on sale for 30p and dunked them all in there and the kids loved it, looked so inviting and of course they could eat them), jelly, gloop and porridge oats with a bit of glitter are my current faves
Also paper from the shredder and cereal have also gone down well
I need to dig my tuff spot out really since I used it loads in the garden in the summer but haven't bothered so much now id have to bring it inside, the mess is usually pretty special lol xx

smurfette
02-01-2014, 01:34 PM
I have recently done dry pasta (they did try to eat but lost interest) and rice / coconut (again dried) they actually seem to realise it's not something to eat .. Unlike when we are painting lol! I also discovered that it's chalk able so have given them large garden chalks for mark making

munch149
02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I have recently done dry pasta (they did try to eat but lost interest) and rice / coconut (again dried) they actually seem to realise it's not something to eat .. Unlike when we are painting lol! I also discovered that it's chalk able so have given them large garden chalks for mark making

I had a child that ate lots of dried rice tho. The parent freaked out as thought she had worms or something when it came out in her Nappy exactly the same way it went in lol

smurfette
02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I had a child that ate lots of dried rice tho. The parent freaked out as thought she had worms or something when it came out in her Nappy exactly the same way it went in lol

Oh that's not good! Maybe avoid the rice so!