PDA

View Full Version : Buggy board for E3

Lucy000
30-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi,
I'm taking on a new little one next week so I will have 3 under 5's. The eldest isn't keen on walking so wondered if anyone knows if I can get a buggy board to fit on to a Phil n Teds E3 with doubles kit?

Thanks

Rick
30-12-2013, 09:07 PM
I have a Lascal maxi buggy board on my Phil And Teds Explorer. I think it should work on your one too as it's so adjustable

Lucy000
30-12-2013, 09:20 PM
ah great thanks, does the brake not get in the way? or does it attach to the sides?

Rick
30-12-2013, 09:25 PM
The brake is a bit trickier to get to but not too bad. It doesn't get in the way. I have fitted it to the diagonal bar under the second seat. The buggy board is so adjustable you should be able to find somewhere to fit it. It also has an extending piece if the child's knees are hitting the second seat. I also don't find my feet are impeded so it seems to work ok. I wouldn't use it to go too far just because of the weight and it's not as easy to push simply because you have a child between your hands also trying to hold onto the handle!

Lucy000
30-12-2013, 09:28 PM
ok thanks for the advice, need to shop for one now:)

Rick
30-12-2013, 09:31 PM
ok thanks for the advice, need to shop for one now:)

The one by Lascal works well for me. I have the maxi one but the mini may also work. If you are unsure go into Mothercare or somewhere like that. My wife bought one for me and said the shop fitted that buggy board to the same pushchair I have to check it worked ok.

samb
30-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I have used a lascal maxi board on an e3 with double seat fitted with the extenders. I can't use the brake fully so wouldn't put it on and let go other than to get kids in and out with me right there. I find it hard work on my back but it is doable just wouldn't want to go far. I have 3 under 2s at the moment and so am using different combination at the moment

Lucy000
30-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks Samb, what do you use now? just being nosey not that I can afford a new buggy:(

samb
31-12-2013, 09:19 AM
I still use the e3 for 2 children but if I have 3 I use a side by side phil and teds (bought off eBay) with an easy x rider on the back as its a strapped seat so another little one can go on- was about £80 delivered new and the best purchase I feel I've made as a childminder! The easy r rider an attach to the e3 but its pretty big and I don't think there's enough room to use it with double seat and to still reach the handle bar too although I haven't actually tried- I will be happy to put it on and let you know for sure next week when I've got it all out again?

Lucy000
31-12-2013, 11:38 AM
ok great thanks x