PDA

View Full Version : Advertising and first customers!

Aunty vanna
30-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Hello, I'm new to the childminding forum. Hope everyone has had a lovely christmas!
I completed my CM training and had a successful registration visit, so now I'm raring to go!
I was wondering how long it usually takes to get some interest?
I have registered with FIS and childcare.co.uk and childcare wizard. I have put leaflets and cards in local shops and school.
Would be very grateful for some tips or words of advice.

happyfeet2013
30-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Facebook pg / ad in paper / website all helps

Took me a few weeks before things moved properly

Tulip
30-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I'd say through other childminders and word of mouth
Good luck getting your first mindee :)

Rick
30-12-2013, 09:48 PM
There's no substitution to getting yourself in the local community to get noticed. :thumbsup:

blue bear
31-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Find a local childminder drop in group,go make friends and offer to do holiday and sickness cover, they will hopefully pass on any enquiries they get and cannot do.
Go to your local toddler groups and children's centre, get yourself known, if you do not have young children of your own volunteer to help so people get to know you.
Advertise at school, baby clinics, church, village halls etc.
Some people have success with magnets on their cars (vista print)
Are you a gold member on childcare. Co.uk, put your photo on and you go to the top, log in every day.
Tell anyone nd everyone you are a childminder you never know where you will find business, I once found a client while waiting in the bus station.

Jingle
31-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Find a local childminder drop in group,go make friends and offer to do holiday and sickness cover, they will hopefully pass on any enquiries they get and cannot do.
Go to your local toddler groups and children's centre, get yourself known, if you do not have young children of your own volunteer to help so people get to know you.
Advertise at school, baby clinics, church, village halls etc.
Some people have success with magnets on their cars (vista print)
Are you a gold member on childcare. Co.uk, put your photo on and you go to the top, log in every day.
Tell anyone nd everyone you are a childminder you never know where you will find business, I once found a client while waiting in the bus station.

Great advice! This is exactly what I do. Good luck!

Aunty vanna
31-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Thank you for all your good ideas. Feels strange now it's all gone quiet, was really busy completing the training and getting ready for ofsted.

Happy New Year!

Aunty vanna
31-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you for all your good ideas.

Happy New year!

loocyloo
31-12-2013, 04:14 PM
I have an umbrella with my logo and childminder on it!
If anyone wants any details then they need to ask me but I have had phone calls starting "are you the childminder with the umbrella? " !!!
I got it through eBay ... search for personalised umbrella. X

Aunty vanna
31-12-2013, 04:23 PM
That's a fab idea!