PDA

View Full Version : Childminding New Year's Resolutions

Mouse
30-12-2013, 05:35 PM
My childminding New Year's Resolution is that I will not buy any more resources unless they are absolutely vital :D

I have enough toys to open my own toy shop and enough craft equipment for every possible craft the children might want to do.

So, how long do you reckon it'll last? Hubby isn't convinced I'll even get to the end of the week :rolleyes:

cathtee
30-12-2013, 05:52 PM
If you're anything like me then it will be the weekend, I'm going shopping to spend money I had for Christmas and I'm bound to find something I NEED for childminding :blush: Will have to wait and see :rolleyes:

shortstuff
30-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Haha x I can relate to that one x

Mine is to not be so soft when invoicing lol x might last for February x n thats pushing it x

Glitter
30-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I think my resolution will have to be to write down my planning more as I normally do it in my head and never get it down on paper.

I agree with the not buying more resources- I really don't need any more plastic dinosaurs, even if they are on sale!

Lick'le Oakes
30-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Mine is to do things straight away and not say "i'll do that in a minute" and never get round to it untill the last minute.:D

primula
30-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Mine is stop buying buggies! just got a Joovy caboose! Already have an nipper double!

Bluebell
30-12-2013, 08:09 PM
I think mine would be to keep my downstairs more organised and presentable - although as yet I haven't had my 'holiday sort-out' so there's still clutter everywhere.

I agree with resources - although I already have a little list going for things like more felt tips and little bits but am really going to try and restrain myself from big spends.

Also finances in general - keep on top of it a bit more - I know exactly what my income is week to week but no idea what my expenditure will be and I really should be putting money away for tax payments!

loocyloo
30-12-2013, 09:34 PM
My childminding New Year's Resolution is that I will not buy any more resources unless they are absolutely vital :D

I have enough toys to open my own toy shop and enough craft equipment for every possible craft the children might want to do.

So, how long do you reckon it'll last? Hubby isn't convinced I'll even get to the end of the week :rolleyes:

I went to the sales .... and bought .... a round the world jigsaw with children from the different countries round the edge!!! :laughing: I also bought a mouse finger puppet on amazon ... ( but its not new year yet ;) )

I have been very good and have been deleting the baker ross & yellow moon sale emails as soon as they arrive! :D

my childminding new years resolution ( as well as NOT buying ANY new resources! ) is to spend less time on paperwork outside of working hours and by default do less obs !!!! although I don't want to go paperfree and i'm not sure how it will work, DH gave me a 7"tablet for Christmas and I have put 2simple on it, and will aim to use that for photos and obs ... will still need printing off and i'd rather just be able to add list of area/specific area, without working out age group ... but we'll see how it goes! :D hopefully it will be a lot less time spent downloading/printing/cutting etc.
I do need to spend a few hours doing this terms planning/newsletter and the summatives I didn't do last term :rolleyes: but then that is it!

Daftbat
30-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Mine, Yet again........ is to say "NOOOOOOOO"

God I am such a walkover when it comes to helping people out :laughing:

Also plan to plan better and to enjoy the kids rather than fretting over ****** Ofsted. There, that's off my chest now!!:D

Tulip
30-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Mine is to become a green member
3 more posts to go :laughing:

Daisy1956
30-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Agree with Daftbat I will start to say No and mean it no sad eyes or sighs will change my answer. Also i am going to diet after I finish all the wonderful homemade chocs I got for Christmas( It would be rude and ungrateful to diet before I have eaten them all) also all the wine needs to be drunk, may start diet at Easter but then again Easter eggs may need to be eaten to save children from getting to hyper.

Shamai
31-12-2013, 08:08 AM
No more Favours!! No more reductions on invoices!! I gave a goodwill reduction in fees for Christmas to one set of parents - did I get a thank you? Nope. It was a substantial amount to me but obviously not for them (£150)- never again! I even sent an email checking they had seen it on the invoice - Mum said oh yes I did see it, wondered what it was.

Live and learn :laughing:

lashely
31-12-2013, 08:40 AM
To be strict with parents about late payment! List count of the amount of times I've had to chase them lol

Happy new year everyone :-)

k-tots
31-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Be more organised and tidy. ...going to re think the conservatory layout and invest in smaller boxes....gong yo have a spending spree at ikea lol....and to get rid of alot of toys etc and the same with my own children's stuff and rooms.....

Maza
31-12-2013, 08:48 AM
I've been really good about not buying resources this last year. My resolution is just to keep on top of paperwork and do SEF. :(

Jingle
31-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Mine has to be to only buy the resources I desperately need, rather than wasting money...

yummyripples
31-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Not buying resources definitely.
To do more 'real life' activities. So more housework - getting the kids involved in cleaning up after themselves etc. Also not to compare myself to other childminders. I do things the way I think they should be done and not to impress ofsted or anyone else. Just the children!

loocyloo
31-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I went to the sales .... and bought .... a round the world jigsaw with children from the different countries round the edge!!! :laughing: I also bought a mouse finger puppet on amazon ... ( but its not new year yet ;) )

I have been very good and have been deleting the baker ross & yellow moon sale emails as soon as they arrive! :D

my childminding new years resolution ( as well as NOT buying ANY new resources! ) is to spend less time on paperwork outside of working hours and by default do less obs !!!! although I don't want to go paperfree and i'm not sure how it will work, DH gave me a 7"tablet for Christmas and I have put 2simple on it, and will aim to use that for photos and obs ... will still need printing off and i'd rather just be able to add list of area/specific area, without working out age group ... but we'll see how it goes! :D hopefully it will be a lot less time spent downloading/printing/cutting etc.
I do need to spend a few hours doing this terms planning/newsletter and the summatives I didn't do last term :rolleyes: but then that is it!

Oh no ...
Dh decided to go to ikea ... said he needed me to come .... Have resisted lots so far ... But have yet to face the children's section and market Hall ... Help! !!! :-)

k-tots
31-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Oh no ...
Dh decided to go to ikea ... said he needed me to come .... Have resisted lots so far ... But have yet to face the children's section and market Hall ... Help! !!! :-)

Deep breaths and run though that section x good luck lol

loocyloo
31-12-2013, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE="k-tots;1330223"]

Deep breaths and run though that section x good luck lol[

:-) I managed to escape with only a King glove puppet and a soft Crown! ( and some more flannels that we use for hand towels ) x

dawn100
31-12-2013, 02:17 PM
To not feel the need to make excuses to other cm or members of my family why I do not always work to maximum numbers of children I could have but work at a level I enjoy with being able to offer ad hoc for a top up in money so therefore have some busier and some quieter weeks!

bunyip
31-12-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm going to have another stab at my usual new year's resolutions:-

1. Stop making lists.

3. Learn to count.

D. Be more consistent.

:rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
31-12-2013, 06:12 PM

I said before Christmas I wasn't buying anything else for mindees, getting fed up of things being broken - but Morrison's had DVD's BOGOF today :blush:

watgem
31-12-2013, 06:37 PM
all of the above lol :) happy new year all hope we can all stick to them lol

MessybutHappy
31-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Give myself a break! I'm going to lower my standards a bit and see if I'm happier as I suspect no-one will notice!

Also, laugh more! Much, much more laughter needed in life!

k-tots
31-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Also, laugh more! Much, much more laughter needed in life!

Think that is the best x