PDA

View Full Version : CRB check

wilkinson
28-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Hello everyone,just wanted to ask a quick question.A quite few years back I got myself into very awkward situation,and got a record.Nothing serious really but still ... So just wanted to find out if that would stand in my way if I want register as a childminder?thank you

shortstuff
28-12-2013, 07:14 PM
The best advice I can give is ask ofsted directly. They make the decision so ultimately they are the only ones who can answer.

wilkinson
28-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks ,so first step would be just to ring them,instead of going through procedures?

FussyElmo
28-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks ,so first step would be just to ring them,instead of going through procedures?

It would be your first step. It will all depend whether or not it would appear on your dbs check and thus stops you from working with children. But you say its nothing serious so ring ofsted they will have the answers x

tulip0803
28-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I agree with Gail. You need to be honest and ask. It will look worse if you do not declare and then something comes back. It really depends on what the record was for.

wilkinson
06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Basically what it was ,I was going back from Holliday in Spain and had a bit too many cigarettes on me...I didn't go to jail or anything like that.but did get a conviction wich is Customs and excise.