PDA

View Full Version : Restarting EY Children

maisiemog
27-12-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm bored during the day so I have decided to start advertising for EY children again. I can't do a Monday or a Wednesday so im only doing three days a week and I'm in no rush to take children on so waiting for the right enquiry and going to be selective! I'm going to try and get over 2s if I can...not keen on under ones unless that's all the enquiries I get.

However I got rid of almost everything and was wondering what would be best to buy resources wise. What toys are popular all age? I've got a pushchair and high chair so that part is sorted. Don't want resources to take over my house or spend a small fortune either.

So if you only had the money to buy one item what would it be...?

bunyip
27-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Tough call, but you forced me into the only logical answer.

If it's only one toy, then it just has to be several thousands of pounds-worth of Lego. Then you can make all the toys you want out of it. :thumbsup:

At the end of each day, make a full-sized Lego dining table out of it, throw a tablecloth over, and - hey presto - your lovely home need never look like a nursery. :D

(............oh, did you mention not spending a fortune...............oops. :p )

dawn100
27-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Ok I know you said one but I couldn't narrow it down to one, so the most played with toys in my house are wooden trains and track, duplo, happy land and most importantly not forgetting cardboard boxes and cardboard tubes!!

chriss
27-12-2013, 10:34 PM
kitchen area

jackie 7
27-12-2013, 11:46 PM
My lo's are into little people. Just got a plane and ark from charity shop.

Kiddleywinks
28-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Hit the charity shops regularly for some proper bargains to save yourself spending a fortune
My bargains this year : Silver cross 3 wheeler £5, ELC baby walker all lights and sounds and mint condition £2.50, mahoosive box of Duplo £3.50, on the farm small world set £2.00

I also use our local toy library a lot as we can borrow 6 items @ 50p per item per week, and have them for a max of 2 weeks. Brilliant for changing interests and not having to find storage all the time.
If I find a particular toy is asked for frequently, I then try to source one to buy so I'm not buying stuff that hardly gets used

Girls always seem to head straight for the dolls box, boys always seem to head for the click clack track (I have very stereotypical children :laughing:)
Jigsaws are always popular here too as are the wooden puzzles :thumbsup:

Edit:
Oh and if you're on facebook, look on your local area selling pages too - as cheap as charity shops (sometimes cheaper) and this time of year there should be some real bargains

appleblossom
28-12-2013, 08:50 AM
I'm bored during the day so I have decided to start advertising for EY children again. I can't do a Monday or a Wednesday so im only doing three days a week and I'm in no rush to take children on so waiting for the right enquiry and going to be selective! I'm going to try and get over 2s if I can...not keen on under ones unless that's all the enquiries I get.

However I got rid of almost everything and was wondering what would be best to buy resources wise. What toys are popular all age? I've got a pushchair and high chair so that part is sorted. Don't want resources to take over my house or spend a small fortune either.

So if you only had the money to buy one item what would it be...?

I might be stopping CM at the end of January. If you are in the same part of the country as me (North West) I will be selling off most of the more expensive items and giving away a lot of the rest.

Glitter
29-12-2013, 04:54 PM
My younger ones are happiest when playing with all the pans and spoons from my kitchen, the dvd cases (which make great building blocks), clothes pegs and old newspapers.

They very rarely play with toys at the moment so I have very few of them. The toy I couldn't manage with out is the small plastic animals which are always being put in the dvd case houses they build.