PDA

View Full Version : Isofix car seats

SYLVIA
27-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Does anybody use isofix car seats in a zafira. If so which ones? I have been looking at them recently but I'm getting confused as to which one to get

amanda1309
27-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I have 2 isofix 1,2,3 car seats on the outside seats in my zafira. I can put lo from 9 months to 11 years in them and as they are isofix I can still slide the seats forward to let Los in the back.
Mine are Pampero Plus Comfitrip Isofix 1-2-3 Booster Seat from halfords

Tazmin68
27-12-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't use isofix seats in my zaf. I have two of the kiddicare 1-3 seats which are currently on offer at 29.99 in the very back and use a third one as and when needed in one of the outside seats that way I can slide seat forward and fold the one seat so I can secure the two at the back. I use a booster seat in the middle and the other side and my own son uses a booster in front passenger seat. The kiddicare seats are very light which is good when I have to take one in and out quite a bit.

SYLVIA
28-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the replies. At the moment I have 2 5 point seats in the outside middle and the lo climb through the middle seat to the back. But I'm thinking isofix seats will stop wear and tear on the seat if they can get in behind the middle seats. I was looking at halfords one before xmas so I'll go and ask them

Tazmin68
28-12-2013, 09:08 AM
The reason why I put the big seats right at the back is that the older children complain of lack of leg space when they are in the back and I have two older children travel sick in the very back. The little ones seem to travel fine in the very back so it is what works for me. No one needs to climb in anywhere so no wear and tear on seats with me.

Bluebell
31-12-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't use isofix seats in my zaf. I have two of the kiddicare 1-3 seats which are currently on offer at 29.99 in the very back and use a third one as and when needed in one of the outside seats that way I can slide seat forward and fold the one seat so I can secure the two at the back. I use a booster seat in the middle and the other side and my own son uses a booster in front passenger seat. The kiddicare seats are very light which is good when I have to take one in and out quite a bit.

ooh interesting - how do you move the seat forward with the car seat attached? I find the seat belt restricts moving the seat forward - and of course the child getting past it to access the back?

I also have the kiddicare seats right in the back - they can easily be converted to high back boosters if I have older children but normally I use with the 5 point harness.
The 3rd baby seat is a thin one which I put in the middle of the middle. It's a full seat belt and it pulls out from the top of the seat not the side of the car so when the seat slides forward it doesn't pull on the belt. It also means the outer seat can be tilted forward to allow access to the rear.
On the rare occasion I've had an exception with 4 children in car seats with the 5 point harnesses I have put the car seat on the outer side of the middle 3 and attached the seat belt after all the children are in so I know it is as secure and taut as it should be.

I really like the idea of Isofix car seats so can slide bench forward and back. Can the seat still be tilted forward to allow access to the back? I need access to the back so I can strap the children in - although I suppose if the baby seats were in the middle then it would be my 2 older boys in the back and then they would strap themselves in. Can you fit 3 isofix car seats in the middle?

Tazmin68
31-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I usually only need two of the larger car seats which is why they are in the very back as yes difficult to move forward the middle row with seat fitted in. Fortunately I have a child 10-3 three days a week so after school run in the morning that is when I put that in the car and secure is just before and take it out before I do school run in afternoon and as this seat is so lightweight very easy to get in and out if the car. My husband works in the car industry and you would not be able to move the back of the seat forward to get Into the back If there is an isofix seat fitted. I know zaf can be awkward with regards to sliding the seat forward but all in all I like it and I only usually have two little ones that require the 5 point car seat.

Deb