PDA

View Full Version : keep them entertained

disney
18-07-2008, 03:32 PM
well its only the first week of the hols and im already finding it hard to keep my mindees entertanied :( i have 8 month old , 14 month old ,3 year old , 5 year old and 8 year old firstly its difficult with the mixed ages .

we have today been park , painted , glued , sand pit, made cookies , taken dog for walk ,beads and word search 7 colouring but all these things apart from park & the walk that lasted half hour the other things last about 5 mins as any one got any ideas please before next week or im going to go:mad: thank you x

crazybones
18-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Sounds like my day - only we couldnt get out as it rained all day. :mad: Today was only the first day of the holidays and I had, 18 mth, two 2 year olds, 6 year old, 9year old and two 11 year olds. :rolleyes: Craft stuff lasted 10 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon, we did have a party lunch because one was leaving but the older ones werent interested in the dancing games. By 3 pm I resorted to letting them all watch Car's on DVD. Next week I have 9 of them with same age differences.

Its no ****** wonder the wine is open now. :laughing:

venus89
18-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh my goodness :eek: . Is it really that bad? Thank goodness our holidays seem to be shorter than everywhere else and I only have on mindee....

Have you tried bribery and coruption yet? :laughing:

SimplyLucy
18-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Just all think yourself lucky, it's the first day of the holidays here on Monday and I have an INSPECTION:eek:

I'll have a 22 month old, 4 year old x2, 6 year old, 7 year old x2, 8 year old and 9 year old!

Thats 8 children, first day of hols and the inspection in the afternoon. I have a feeling the inspector won't know whats hit her! Just pray it doesn't rain please!

Trouble
18-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Just all think yourself lucky, it's the first day of the holidays here on Monday and I have an INSPECTION:eek:

I'll have a 22 month old, 4 year old x2, 6 year old, 7 year old x2, 8 year old and 9 year old!

Thats 8 children, first day of hols and the inspection in the afternoon. I have a feeling the inspector won't know whats hit her! Just pray it doesn't rain please!

good luck i will pray for you

Trouble
18-07-2008, 08:07 PM
i will be asking you the same questions next week

why do we do this to ourselves?

katickles
18-07-2008, 08:45 PM

OMG!!!!

Thats all i can say! :eek:

Jules12Wed
18-07-2008, 08:53 PM

I hope it goes well for you.

I know when my inspection was due two years back I said that I wouldn't be able to manage it in the holidays as my days were too unpredictable and I would not know when I would be in, they were fine about it and eventually came in September when all kids were back at school.

venus89
18-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I won a bottle of Port at the summer fair today - would you like me to post it to you?
Good luck!

cher25
18-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll only have 2 lo over the hols and wondering myself how to amuse them, especially with the way the weather has been so far. Parks are always good though, allthough i guess the older ones will get bored quickly. How about the beach or museums or something? Im useless at this kinda thing.lol.

Good luck with the inspection though! :)

disney
19-07-2008, 09:11 AM
yes good luck with the inspection lucy :) i dont drive so i can only take them localy im afraid :( i guess no one as any answers then on any thing i could do to keep them happy ? im going to the village today to the charity shops to see if i can find any thing cheep for them to do x

fionamal
19-07-2008, 09:25 AM
If its a horrible day have a movie afternoon.

Close the curtains, pick a DVD and all sit on the floor on cushions with juice and popcorn.

Kids love it and you get some time to yourself aswell.

I know its cheating but it passes the time

kindredspirits
19-07-2008, 02:10 PM
salt dough??? we used to make it when we were kids - you can get a recipe i'm sure and then you bake it in the oven and paint it once its dried... last most of the day with a few breaks!! ;)

Wiggly
19-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Good luck for Monday - really hope it goes well and doesn't rain.

Wiggly
x