PDA

View Full Version : Am i cruel?

kel1983
23-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Have older children today. They have become very loud and over excited so I suggested they I and play outside. They seemed very excited about this idea. I made sure they were dressed up warm and we have an under cover area with side for shelter so they won't get wet or blown away. We have a late window so I can see what they are up to. Am I cruel sending them out?

munch149
23-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Nah along as they are wrapped up warm, your watching them well and they want to be outside then why not. If you were shoving them out the door in next to nothing saying they have to go out then that's a different story lol

loocyloo
23-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I sent my 11yr old DS outside to tidy the garden ! and then up the road to do a few jobs!

... he needed to be outside and have some exercise!

clareelizabeth1
23-12-2013, 02:26 PM
No as OFSTED say no such thing as bad weather only bad clothes. I take the children out in everything. It's only right they should see all weather.

angeldelight
23-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Have older children today. They have become very loud and over excited so I suggested they I and play outside. They seemed very excited about this idea. I made sure they were dressed up warm and we have an under cover area with side for shelter so they won't get wet or blown away. We have a late window so I can see what they are up to. Am I cruel sending them out?

Ofsted would love that

Mine wanted to go out this morning but it was really heavy rain ...we have no shelter so I had to say no ....but I so wish I could have said yes so they could run off steam

Angel xx

kel1983
23-12-2013, 02:48 PM
They were back in within 10 minutes and a lot calmer. Sat quietly watching Tangled now.

Ripeberry
23-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Nope. Not at all. I remember as a kid playing out in the wind and rain. It's therapeutic. They might come back in even more hyped up though :D

PixiePetal
23-12-2013, 03:52 PM
I think it's a bit dangerous to be out in the wind in my garden today - big trees there and howling wind on the south coast. Getting worse tonight :panic:

Better watch the flood alerts too :(

SYLVIA
23-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I took 3 LO's to the park in the last windy/rainy day we had a couple of weeks ago. They just needed to be out and actually we had a really fun time. We also had the park to ourselves and they found it very funny getting blown about by the wind. Today is a little too rough here and I wouldn't have taken little ones out today

Tulip
23-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I think its great if you can get them out and they want to play out. :)

Bluebell
24-12-2013, 09:11 AM
they wanted to go out, they were wrapped up and more importantly you let them back in when they wanted to come back in lol!

Go for it I say. I've had mine go out in torrential rain because they wanted to get their umbrellas out and splash in the puddles. They did manage to get soaked but nothing a towel and a change of clothes wouldn't sort out!

We often go out in all weathers and they have wellies and all in one waterproofs. tempted to go for a walk today now the weathers cleared a bit.

christine e
24-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Took mine to a country park last week after school and played until it just got dark - the loved it:thumbsup: a new experience for them. I often use to take mine for a walk in the woods when it was dark with torches

vals
24-12-2013, 08:08 PM
My daughter works in a nursery and they go outside unless its thundering. If its on the planning to have lunch in the garden, then thats what they do, regardless of the weather. Personally I think thats taking it too far, but playing outside for a while is fine.

Jingle
31-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Mine go out in all weathers (as do I) so if you are cruel then I am too. Children spend far too much time sitting on their backsides in front of screens these days, instead of living life they are intent on watching it - sadly many adults are the same...