PDA

View Full Version : How many days have u all got left working?

Jenna
23-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm super excited its my last day until 6th Jan half of me wishes id finished Friday only DH is still working today so thought I would. Only I've got lots of other things I could be doing like scrubbing the house, wrapping presents, delivering last of the Christmas cards. How's everyone doing with their Christmas plans? Luckily were off out for Christmas dinner this year so no cooking for me we can all chill and relax together.

hectors house
23-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I finish at 4.30 this afternoon and then thats it until next Tuesday (New years eve) and then off until Friday 3rd. Only got 2 today as the other 2 (siblings) have already gone away. Hoped to go out for a long walk today so I don't have to get out so many toys, however terrible weather here in the South West so going to have to get the toys out after all - but NO glitter today!

smurfette
23-12-2013, 08:16 AM
I finish this evening at 530, only have one little one today so just gonna involve him in the preparations! Wish I had finished Friday too as dh and girls finished then :( . I am off then Til jan 2nd but again only one or poss two that day if she is back and off on the Friday so not too bad! Preps going ok still got cards to deliver turkey to collect and veg to prepare but dh was a gem and did most of the cleaning yest

Have a good last day!!

Mummits
23-12-2013, 08:20 AM
I was supposed to be working (finishing) today but just heard that my two little ones (twins) are poorly. I do hope they are better by Wednesday. I'm at a loose end now - though not short of things I should be doing!

Pixie dust
23-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Working until 5.00 today and tomorrow until 1pm then that's it until next monday. This is the first year I haven't taken a break between Christmas and New Year but dh is away working:( my 2 teenagers will be at their dad's for a few days after christmas so thought might as well but now thinking I should have closed anyway.

Have a merry Christmas everybody :clapping:

samb
23-12-2013, 08:57 AM
I finish tomorrow at 11:30 and start back again on 6th jan. longest I've ever taken off at Xmas- cant wait :-)

Daisy1956
23-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Not working now until 2nd Jan but mad fool that I am I have 'borrowed' my grandson for the day because I didn't want to go to cm party without a child. Am I mad or what could be sat with feet up doing nothing.

Bluebell
23-12-2013, 09:03 AM
I finish early tomorrow at 3 as only 1 child -maybe 2 if one of the mums picks up an extra day - less children today and tomorrow and early finish tonight too (5.15 instead of 6.15) so I'm thinking some chilled out stories, a bit of christmas dvds and nothing too hectic or busy - all the children have enough going on at the moment with christingles, parties, nativities, families, etc etc. Weather is absolutely appalling too so can't see we'll be going out today!
Can't wait to finish! Am decidedly lacking in energy!
back to work on the 3rd - 1 away but an extra one cos the mum has an exam!

lozzy23
23-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Finishing tomorrow, was supposed to be 6pm, but mum asked if she could pick up LO at about 2pm - yes of course you can:D. The other 2 children get picked up at 3pm. Back to work on Monday 30th.

SYLVIA
23-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Finish today as was told this morning that neither of the ones I was expecting 2moro are coming. Not sure what time I finish today as one going at 3 and the other one's mum isn't working.

cathtee
23-12-2013, 01:17 PM
I have 5 today, we have made cakes, decorated biscuits, made cards had a party dinner and now they are watching Despicable Me. They can free play for the rest of the day, finish at 5.30ish and working tomorrow until 5.30 with only 2 one 9-3 and one 12.30- 5.30 then chinese take away and a bottle of wine :clapping:

Kerry30
23-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Im working til 5.30 today! Why oh why i decided to work this week i dont know :( So have 3 lo's all been tired and whingy this morning :( but all asleep now. Ive caught a cold so feel like ***** and sooo tired...and working til 12.30 2mrw with just 1 lo. Then working again friday, monday & tuesday. Basically only got xmas day, boxing day & ny day off :( Might have to take half term off ....so need time off! And the weather here is horrendous...the wind and rain!! Altho its days like this im glad i work from home x

hectors house
23-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Supposed to be finishing at 4.30 but the dad dropped off this morning and said Gran was collecting, I said is that 4.30 when you normally come or 5.10 when she finishes work - he said 4.30 pm and that he didn't know if she was working or not today. I sent the Gran a text asking her and just got answer back that she is finishing at 5 and will collect after that - I am not impressed (not the grans fault), but just because I normally have children who go at 5, the parents have assumed that its ok for her to stay later - but the other 2 children aren't here today!

I have been invited to neighbours for drinks and nibbles from 3 - 6, I was going to go at 4.30 after this child was supposed to be leaving, have now told the gran that I will take her with me at 3.30 when the other child finishes - tough if they don't like it - I don't like being taken for granted - also no card (let alone a present) so far! It's not going to be a drunken party - the people having the get together have a young family and the rest of the neighbours are OAP's.

smurfette
23-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Supposed to be finishing at 4.30 but the dad dropped off this morning and said Gran was collecting, I said is that 4.30 when you normally come or 5.10 when she finishes work - he said 4.30 pm and that he didn't know if she was working or not today. I sent the Gran a text asking her and just got answer back that she is finishing at 5 and will collect after that - I am not impressed (not the grans fault), but just because I normally have children who go at 5, the parents have assumed that its ok for her to stay later - but the other 2 children aren't here today! I have been invited to neighbours for drinks and nibbles from 3 - 6, I was going to go at 4.30 after this child was supposed to be leaving, have now told the gran that I will take her with me at 3.30 when the other child finishes - tough if they don't like it - I don't like being taken for granted - also no card (let alone a present) so far! It's not going to be a drunken party - the people having the get together have a young family and the rest of the neighbours are OAP's.

Grr!! Sounds like dad copping out he knew well gran was working!! Dead right to go anyway xx

maisiemog
23-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Finished last weds. Would have been working today and technically I'm open but my Monday family flew off on holiday last week so I've had extra time off! :-)

Start back on 6th as well, in at the deep end as it's teacher training day!

Jenna
23-12-2013, 04:00 PM
The 2 I've had have been tired and grumpy either running round like mad things or crying over nothing. Was meant to finish at 4 only 1 mum is stuck at emergency dentist and said she'd be here as soon as she can. I hope it's not late I'm desperate for a glass of wine

hectors house
23-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I took my little one, that I wasn't told in advance that was staying later than contracted hours, to the neighbours drinks party and she was as good as gold, she played really well with their children and all the OAP neighbours fed her crisps and chocolate fingers - serves her mum right if she is sick later for not asking if I could have her late. :D

That's me done now - so wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and hope everyone gets a few minutes to RELAX :thumbsup:

Tinkerbell1979
23-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I finished Friday at 6pm and I'm so chilled out I'm so pleased I made decision to finish earlier this year.

Have a great Xmas xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
23-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Just finished minding - shopping put away.

DH & DS gone to watch Arsenal play so they won't be back until gone midnight so DD and I are finishing the wrapping and hunting down some sage (once the cars stop and the weather lessons we are going out) and then back to cook and watch soppy christmas films. Bliss

tomorrow I will be baking baking and more baking in time for the next morning as we have an early start as DD is working 11-5 and will want to open her presents before she goes. There was me thinking she was working at 9 and we wouldn't have to be up until she got home :)