PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

charlottenash
22-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Well I've slept more on my first day of yesterday than I have in years and now DS and I are up bright and early.

Wish the shops were so we could go and get the 'big' shop out the way, I've been so afraid of Asda and all the mad people I've let the house run dry so I've got to do a full shop aswell as the Christmas dinner shop.

Anything you always forget when you go shopping at Christmas time? I usually forget the crackers.

Roseolivia
22-12-2013, 07:38 AM
We did our shop yesterday at 6.30am, it was lovely and quiet.

Glitter
22-12-2013, 07:52 AM
So far I have forgotten bread.

I really don't want to go to the shops, but don't fancy the idea of making my own bread.
Good luck with your big shop.

Kiddleywinks
22-12-2013, 08:01 AM
I really don't want to go to the shops, but don't fancy the idea of making my own bread.

I love homemade bread, work out my frustrations on the dough, and then let the smell go through the house - yummy
It never lasts more than half a day though, so always have to make more :laughing:

jadavi
22-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I haven't made home made bread since my daughter got a battery run train stuck in her hair and I couldn't get my hands clean of dough quick enough (had reached the sticky stage!) to stop it getting worse and by the time I got to her the train had wrapped itself very tightly right up to her roots. I had to take a razor to it!!
I felt my life was too busy for home made bread after that .....
However now she's 21 I really should give it a other go!

k-tots
22-12-2013, 08:27 AM
We did click and collect. ....got everything thing we needed.....oh just wants to go in eitger today/tomorrow. ..to get tea for christmas eve.... but saying that we are at the inlaws for christmas dinner and dont come home until friday x

blue bear
22-12-2013, 09:04 AM
We have two supermarkets, one is more popular than the other. I went to the least popular waltzed round in the peace and quiet and got everything on the list :clapping:

clareelizabeth1
22-12-2013, 09:06 AM
We chickened out half way through the shop as it was so busy. So have to go back at some point for the rest of it.

Rubybubbles
22-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Already done the shopping we went Thursday evening about 9am and it was very busy! But it's all done and only need milk which the local shop does (which is why we didn't buy as we only have small freezer, now filled with naughty bits haha!)

Xx

FussyElmo
22-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Going to brave it in a minute - wish me luck :thumbsup:

tulip0803
22-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Im waiting to see how much of my order the asda van is bringing. It's known in my house as the Asda lucky dip :rolleyes:.

Anything that's miss dh is getting on his way home from work tomorrow - lazy Christmas shopping :D

The Juggler
22-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Going to brave it in a minute - wish me luck :thumbsup:

mine is being delivered at 3pm. hope there is nothing missing!

Lottie
22-12-2013, 12:07 PM
I feel your pain! I just won't go near a supermarket now. Thats why I do shopping online. It's being delivered this evening.

maisiemog
22-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Im waiting to see how much of my order the asda van is bringing. It's known in my house as the Asda lucky dip :rolleyes:. Anything that's miss dh is getting on his way home from work tomorrow - lazy Christmas shopping :D

Ours is being delivered tomorrow afternoon. If there is anything missing I will try and get it from the little co-op round the corner so I can avoid a supermarket! I hate them at the best of times, even more at Christmas!

FussyElmo
22-12-2013, 01:42 PM
We queued longer than we shopped but its done now

caz3007
22-12-2013, 02:07 PM
We went to Sainsburys last night about 6.30 and got everything on our list, walked straight up to an empty checkout. Popped to Lidls today and got the rest and didn't have to queue. Rather pleased

sing-low
22-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Ever since I got a craving (I was 8 and a half months pregnant) for crumpets on Christmas Eve and we went to seven shops and still couldn't find any, I have always bought crumpets!

charlottenash
22-12-2013, 05:55 PM
All done, took soooo long but finished x

AliceK
22-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Well after driving around yesterday afternoon and every supermarket I tried and the local shopping centre all had no parking spaces and queues all around the car park I gave up and me and DD came home. So this morning as the shops don't open until 10am we left early and arrived at an empty car park at the local shopping centre at 9.30 went and had a lovely cooked breakfast and then hit the shops. I THINK I've got it all because I can't face it again although I have got to take my mum to collect the turkey tomorrow which she has ordered but even if we can't actually park I can just pull over and wait.

xxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
22-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Doing mine now for delivery tomorrow and then off to M&S on Tuesday to collect my bits and pieces ordered

PixiePetal
22-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't drive and live in the country - thank goodness for online supermarkets :)

Ocado just delivered :thumbsup: nothing missing although I have tomorrow with a bus to town if i need anything else. Think I am ok for a few weeks! Just milk, bread, fruit and veg to top up for new year

charlottenash
22-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Ocado are amazing! Used to work for them. Great company.

Chatterbox who do you order with? I couldn't get any slots x

Daisy1956
22-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Love Ocado veg and fruit actually last a whole week and more without going yucky.

LauraS
23-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I did my shopping when tesco opened last night at midnight. There were about half a dozen other people in the shop (three families with children, by the way, what on earth...?) and no queues for the checkout, plus the security guard packed my shopping for me. Was really pleasant, was home and packed away by 3am. Tired now though!

hectors house
23-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Already done the shopping we went Thursday evening about 9am and it was very busy! But it's all done and only need milk which the local shop does (which is why we didn't buy as we only have small freezer, now filled with naughty bits haha!)

Xx

Went to Sainsbury's Thursday evening but couldn't get any fresh buffet stuff as none of the dates on coleslaw, pate, pork pies etc had a long enough date on - either ran out before Xmas or on boxing day - so hope to go to Asda late tonight or risk going very early tomorrow morning.

Daisy De
23-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Christmas arrived at 9.30am this morning in a Sainsburys van, everything there as well and no substitutes :-)'

maisiemog
23-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Christmas arrived at 9.30am this morning in a Sainsburys van, everything there as well and no substitutes :-)'

Hope I'm that lucky when mine comes at 4pm. Will not be happy if it's not all there! I don't like supermarkets!

Tazmin68
24-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I had mine delivered and all of my milk had been substituted couldn't believe it. Went to petrol station which is a tesco express as well and got all milk from there
Deb

SYLVIA
24-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Did my on saturday and went to sainsburys today as my dd decided to cokk some deserts for xmas and it was fairly quiet. Got parked esily, roads not too busy and plenty in the shop too. All done now. Just waiting for Santa