PDA

View Full Version : shocked! that mum never said anythin

playdayz
21-12-2013, 10:43 PM
It was nearly PIC up time yesterday I was waiting in the hallway while two brothers I look after where putting coats on an getting things together and one of the boys asked for a pen of his which I had taken off him for trying to stab his brother with, I went to get it but wasnt where I left it an couldn't find it, I told him I would find it an he can get it Monday, he wasnt happy with that and sad that I was just saying that and I just didn't want to give it back, I tried to explain to him that was not the case and would find it an keep it safe for monday , as I was explaining he gave me a dirty look and huffed at me,
I said please don't give me them looks it not nice while am trying to talk to you, his reply as he turned his back to me was " am not giving u looks cos am not looking at you am i, with that mum knocked at the door as I opened the door he pushed passed me an said to his mum "she! Has lost my pen! I said " excuse me who is she" to which I get another dirty look and he marched off to the car. Mum said nothing to him never said how rude he was being or told him to apologise.
I told her the whole situation her reply was he is just excited for christmas !!!!! I couldnt believe it!!! Still can't :( this boy is 8
So angry that mum didn't back me up on his behaviour :(
An not the sort of excited behaviour I remember my kids having for Christmas when they where little. Meeting with mum is on the cards I think in the new year.

Mrs Scrubbit
21-12-2013, 10:52 PM
This reminds me why I now only offer care for pre schoolers, def have a word with mum about the importance and need of working in unison to nip this behaviour in the bud. Happy Christmas to you xx

playdayz
21-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Yeah I will deffo be having a word! Not sure it will do much as he is the same with mum and mums partner! But if things dont change it will be bye bye as I will not put up with this disrespect and behaviour!
Merry Christmas to you too x

Bluebell
22-12-2013, 10:32 AM
my son is 8 and I would definitely have been getting him back to apologise!

I know what she means though (and its not an excuse) but the children are excited about Christmas, anxious about all the hype, exhausted from what is a very long term and all that is going on - Christmas parties, performances. I also volunteer in a school and behaviour generally has been hard work and all the teachers agree its just too much for children and they get over-emotional, over anxious and generally a bit stroppy!

I hope that perhaps if you say sorry i misplaced your pen and here it is you can make him say sorry for being rude and make him realise that bad behavior is not forgotten just because his mum didn't deal with it at the time. He's old enough.

Rubybubbles
22-12-2013, 10:43 AM
We were in the hairdressers yesterday and the lady gave my dd a huge compliment about how she was talking and being (9) she said how refreshing it was that she clearly had respect for me!! seeing your post made me think actually it's all done to the parenting.

I would be horrified if my 2 talked like that to any adult, let alone my child care

playdayz
22-12-2013, 10:53 AM
I have loads of problems with this child an his behaviour an there is always an excuse, to brush over the issues rather than deal with them! Getting tired of it now, he is the same with mum
Last week he can home from school with a letter for a trip for both him an his older brother, the trip would have cost £130 for both to go, as soon as I opened the door he said to his mum, " u better pay for this trip! Because I need to go!" An again mum said nothing!
If the child is I'll an I contact mum, its because he is excited for something!

Lottie
22-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Wow and parents then wonder why their little darlings turn into hooligans….If my 8 year old had said that to anyone, I would have pulled him back, told him off and made him apologise. There is no way I would find that acceptable.

I think a meeting with parent is on the cards. She needs to grow a pair from the sounds of it.

beachgirl29
22-12-2013, 06:47 PM
How rude!!! some parents let there kids get away with all sorts when they collect. I have found this. if it carrys on a meeting will be on the cards.

Did she even say sorry for his bad behavior??
If it was my child i would of made them say sorry to you and taken the pen and put it in the bin.

playdayz
22-12-2013, 08:13 PM
No she didn't apologise for his behaviour, will see what happens in the morning when he arrives x

playdayz
23-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Well on arrival this morning no apology, nothing was mentioned by mum, so when children went in I said to mum we need to make arrangements for a meeting in the new year when all children r back at school about behaviour, her reply was just ok as she skipped off Christmas shopping..... May just be wasting my time :(

beachgirl29
23-12-2013, 06:24 PM
oh dear....:( I am guessing this is not just a one off with his behavior so it needs sorting.

At least you are having a meeting about it or else it will get worse and she will carry on ignoring it. Big hug. let me know how you get on. xxxx

SYLVIA
23-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I can't handle rudeness from the children. I have 2 siblings here who can be rude. Last week they were playing a game on the ps3 that my partner very kindly bought for the LO's to use. He came in and saw what they were playing and mentioned that they could build up to other levels on this game. The boy playing it at the time said in a very rude tone
"I know that, I'm not dumb!" To which the thing was very abruptly turned off and won't be going on again for this child for a very long time.

littlemiss60561
26-12-2013, 10:44 PM
How rude! I'd be mortified if that was my child! Maybe give him his pen back snapped in two? And replace it with a bic biro lol I'm jesting of course...but how tempting!