PDA

View Full Version : Oftsed called??????

emmadines
18-07-2008, 02:18 PM
do they call to update their reccords with regards to the number of children that you are minding?????

this man called claiming to be from ofsted, he said that he was just calling to update their reccords to see if I have just started minding any children yet???

is that normal??? should I call ofsted and ask them???:huh: :huh:

he's calling me back monday.

wendywu
18-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I would ask them to put it in writing. Say you do not give details over the phone! I think i remember another thread about this and it was Ofsted. BUT i dont htink this practice is good enough.:panic:

katickles
18-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah I think i remember somebody saying that they had the same kind of call. If i remember right they were planning on a visit & it was ofsted.

Funny though if you ask me - they know exactly how many you are able to mind for so what are they actually checking???

Gherkin
18-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Unfortunatly it is the way Ofsted do it. They ring to check that you are minding and ages of the children you mind and when you have them. They shouldn't ask for any details like names or addresses of the children.

I have had 2 calls like this and it was all gearing up to my inspection, was registered last august, started minding last sept. Got a call just after xmas and a call in April. Got inspected yesterday!

emmadines
18-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I just did 1471 to get the number and called them back, it was ofsted, its because its about my 1st proper inspection since i started, apparently they sould only ask the names. their calling me back monday, maybe there should be a password scheme or something.

babyandchild
18-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Osted called me a few months after I started minding to see if I had any children yet. All they asked for were the ages of the children and the days I cared for them. My inspection followed about 2 months later! I think they just check before they add us to the inspectors list x