PDA

View Full Version : Tidying up for Christmas

Glitter
20-12-2013, 02:31 PM
I am on holiday as from now!

My last mindee has just been collected.
All the highchairs, buggies, travel cots, toys, bibs etc. have been put out of sight.
My certificates and notice board have been put away.
The stair gates have been removed and stored in the porch.
Accounts, learning journals and planning up to date and hidden under the bed.

I hadn't realised how much all of this stuff had taken over my house in the last year. It looks very empty without it all!

Mouse
20-12-2013, 03:06 PM
I finished yesterday & had everything cleared away before the last child went home!

I've slowly been putting stuff away over the week, so it was only the last few bits yesterday afternoon. Mindee & I sat reading books & watching Peppa Pig for the last half hour as there were no toys left out :p

cathtee
20-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I don't work today so everything has gone away only have older children mon & tue so only need toys out for them so my house looks like a house now :clapping:

Bluebell
20-12-2013, 04:36 PM
groan - my house is a tip and I won't have time for the big tidy up as I am working Christmas eve. I was just working out I have 4 car seats, 1 baby car seat, 2 high back boosters, 2 highchairs, 3 double pushchairs, 2 travel cots, 2 potties, and lots and lots of toys!!! I just don't have anywhere to put it all!!! Every nook and cranny is full already!

ziggy
20-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Baby should be going very soon. Tidied playroom earlier and bedroom where i store other toys. So by 6pm everything will be put in playroom or bedroom, door will be closed and not re-opened till january 6th:)

Merry Christmas to everyone and best wishes for a happy and peaceful 2014

Rolacolapink
20-12-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm nearly done, or will be in 45 mins and cant bl**dy wait!

Got an extremely giddy LO and her friend (who I mind) both being super silly and had to have words with them about their behaviour.

I've just done a quick tidy round putting all toys that they can tip up, up high so got a nice clean (boring) playroom!

Bring on the chilled wine and TV to self as hubby out for xmas drinks - yey!!!!! :jump for joy: ;)

critch
20-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I am disinfected, anti bac'd and bleached out, no sign that I am a childminder for at least a week and a half!

JoRo163
20-12-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm well and truly done - and taking DD to Lapland tomorrow!!!!!

Super excited!!!!!

FloraDora
20-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Housefull for Christmas- starting Sunday (22 on Christmas Eve! I love it) - all the beds made up - but......if they just look under the beds ... Another world exists ....it could make a good film...the childminders toys that resent being put away over Christmas...never able to serve their purpose over the festive period...... Except for a lion puppet who our lab retriever keeps retrieving from under Grandmas Christmas bed!!

littlemiss60561
21-12-2013, 12:41 AM
I finish next week but only for a week.i too have no room to hide everything away, and am not up to date with my work! I have already planned which days I have " spare" to catch up. How flippin sad is that. But at the same time, if I don't do this whilst "off" there will be no other time and I'll start the new year isotherm the same sunken feeling!

Bluebell
21-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I finish next week but only for a week.i too have no room to hide everything away, and am not up to date with my work! I have already planned which days I have " spare" to catch up. How flippin sad is that. But at the same time, if I don't do this whilst "off" there will be no other time and I'll start the new year isotherm the same sunken feeling!

I am the same but this year I am off Christmas day to new years day and I would be back on the Thursday for work but I am not open on Thursdays so have earmarked it as a major sort out, planning day. For my own sanity and for my family I will be trying to make it fairly tidy for our family Christmas though so that will be this weekend. First job is my own children's bedrooms - they are a disgrace!

x

smurfette
21-12-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm well and truly done - and taking DD to Lapland tomorrow!!!!! Super excited!!!!!

Oh wow have fun, come back and report in new year!!

Have only one little one Monday and as hubby and my girls are all off now will be a family day might take trip out etc so gonna have a big tidy over weekend and leave bare minimum out!

Simona
21-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Playroom doors firmly shut...huge clear out after Xmas, might even retouch paint and make new curtains
Sitting room : all cushion covers and blankets washed, old sofa cover washed and recycled...new sofa cover found...new cushion covers also on the way to being made
The rest of the house looks very Christmassy indeed....candles everywhere and no RA!!!
Paperwork shelves have shrunk to just one....LJ done, only SEF to touch in January as we can safely assume no more changes coming!!!

What a lovely feeling!!!

Have a great time one and all and put your feet up...cheers to 2014 :thumbsup:

The Juggler
21-12-2013, 10:49 PM
MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!

enjoy the break xx