PDA

View Full Version : fuming right now!!

Rickers83
20-12-2013, 08:01 AM
So on Wednesday I ask a mum, do you definitely need me Friday (as she has a habit of not letting me know when she takes a random day off), as all other children are finishing Thurs & we are going out Thurs night so I can make a decision about how late we stay etc.
mum says yes I'm needed as doesn't finish work until today....

so last night i didn't drink, came home at 9;30 & got my kids up at 6:30 this morning.....

7:30, no sign of lo, text mum, no reply
7:50, ring mum, straight to vmail so leave a polite message asking if all is ok as not heard from her & she had said she needed me today..

still nothing

soooo angry, I got my kids up over an hour before they needed to be this morning (& left my only Xmas party of the year early last night)

:0( grrrr

Mouse
20-12-2013, 08:08 AM
That is very annoying.

I have to ask though, why did you get your children up so early?

Do you charge whether or not the child attends? Annoying as it is, see it as a bonus paid day off :thumbsup:

Rickers83
20-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Lo arrives at 7, & after previous experience (& stress) of not getting mine up until after they arrive i now make sure they are up and ready ;0)

Mouse
20-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Lo arrives at 7, & after previous experience (& stress) of not getting mine up until after they arrive i now make sure they are up and ready ;0)

Oh, that's a shame. How old are they?

When mine were little I always found it more stressful if they were up before mindees arrived! I preferred the child free time to get ready, get the house sorted, have a cuppa in peace and welcome the first mindees of the day before my lot were about!

Rickers83
20-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Theyre 18 months & 5.

my mindees ate quite challenging, if I leave them alone to go and do something all hell usually breaks loose! Lol

hey ho, like you say a paid day off

I'm hoping to see mum at school this morning.... To make sure everything ok obviously ;0)

cathtee
20-12-2013, 08:27 AM
I'd be fuming too, how inconsiderate, hope the rest of your day gets better x

JCrakers
20-12-2013, 08:43 AM
I'd be really cross too....cant believe how inconsiderate people are sometimes

emma04
20-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Whatever is in place correct wise. Mum said she needed you and you complied with her request!! I would have to be quite stern with her about it. Courtesy costs nothing and just because we're being paid, it doesn't mean we can be treated like door mat!!
We get paid vary little in respect of what we do.

IF I were paid around 60k a year to be on call, I wouldn't mind!!!

emma04
20-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Ps. Enjoy your day off

Hangover free
It'll feel longer coz you were up early
Chill out
Watch christmas cookery shows

It's not all bad xx

Bluebell
20-12-2013, 02:22 PM
wow some people are so inconsiderate! Did you manage to see her at school or get hold of her? some people have no idea!
What a shame about your party but I hope you enjoy your unexpected day off x

Tulip
20-12-2013, 07:18 PM
On the plus side you don't have a hangover :)