PDA

View Full Version : Funding for 2 year olds is frozen

Simona
19-12-2013, 09:55 PM
No surprises but this is interesting

Sector's 'dismay' at two-year-old funding freeze | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1141242/sectors-expresses-concern-funding-freeze?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Mouse
19-12-2013, 10:06 PM
The bigger problem I have is with the 3 & 4 year old funding. There is such a massive drop from the 2 year old funding and the rate our LA pays for 3 & 4 year olds is a fair bit less than I charge. I would like to see that rate go up.

Simona
20-12-2013, 08:10 AM
The bigger problem I have is with the 3 & 4 year old funding. There is such a massive drop from the 2 year old funding and the rate our LA pays for 3 & 4 year olds is a fair bit less than I charge. I would like to see that rate go up.

It appears this is the biggest barrier that prevents cms from joining the scheme...in many LAs the 2 yo funding is well above the £5.09 recommended by Truss but, as you say, it is when the children reach 3 that we have a problem

Inadequate funding is really a problem.This is much more acute for cms than large settings as we only have 3 under 5 normally...we have been very quiet on this subject and apart from PLA everyone else is always saying how grateful they are to E Truss for the next load of money that is found....someone will have been deprived of funding to give to someone else
Robbing Peter to pay Paul will not work
Truss went too far this time by quoting Family and Childcare Trust and they clarified very well...in their view to look after 2 year olds properly the rate should be £8

What happened to E Truss rhetoric that she wishes to improve the EY sector pay? how many times has she said we are poorly paid...dear me she has talked a lot of hot air !