PDA

View Full Version : So i sent it

munch149
18-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Parent hasn't paid me for last month. Sent a letter basically saying that care would be withheld until payment made. Said she was going to pay me this week but has now said she will make alternative arrangements for her day so I guess she's not paying. Hoping it comes ASAP otherwise what are my next steps. Can I do anything?

charlottenash
18-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Slap your late fees on and give your insurance company a call xx

munch149
19-12-2013, 08:00 AM
So I got a text from the dad who is going to pay the bill but the have pulled the child out with immediate affect. I am gutted as will have no goodbye and have a good bond with this child as does my daughter. Have spoken to mum and she is fine with me but had to hand things over to dad as had no other choice. It's a shame that money is so important that it can cause the breakdown of even the best relationships

bunyip
19-12-2013, 11:26 AM
I agree with Charlotte. Make sure your legal team pursues for payment in lieu of notice too, if that is covered by your contract. They don't have an excuse for immediate notice and walking away with no obligations unless your contract leaves them that room.

Yes, it's a sad end to the arrangement. But it's often worth finding out who's reliable and not being taken for a ride any longer.

Hope you're ok and get a superclient to replace this family asap. :thumbsup:

:group hug:

munch149
19-12-2013, 11:29 AM
I always take notice money as a deposit so I'm fine for that anywAy

dawn100
19-12-2013, 02:16 PM
That's sad, have they thought about what impact that will have on their daughter? Do they not need childcare anymore? It just doesn't seem to make sense? Will never understand some people's logic.

munch149
19-12-2013, 03:27 PM
She goes to nursery one day as well as me as I couldn't do the day so they now plan on getting her in nursery for both(although id assume this isn't confirmed). Nursery is dearer than me too so if they can't afford me I'm not sure how this will help

Tulip
19-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Well the dad is just an idiot!
A shame you don't get a proper goodbye but what lovely memories you must have made with this little one
Onwards and upwards x