PDA

View Full Version : Please take a look at this petition

Simona
18-12-2013, 06:33 PM
This petition asked the govt to debate UK hunger and food banks
I know it has nothing to do with childminding but I cannot imagine anyone not worried about the rise in food banks and the facts 1 in 3 children are going hungry

How can that happen in such a rich country?
The petition has well over 100,000 signatures so today it came up for debate...most Tory MPs walked out including the Minister for Work and Pensions
To me this shows a lack of understanding and compassion but at this time of the year it is unforgivable

http://www.change.org/petitions/parliament-debate-uk-hunger-and-rise-in-foodbank-use-jackspetition?share_id=xyiQJVnXEf&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

weedotes
18-12-2013, 06:57 PM
This petition asked the govt to debate UK hunger and food banks
I know it has nothing to do with childminding but I cannot imagine anyone not worried about the rise in food banks and the facts 1 in 3 children are going hungry

How can that happen in such a rich country?
The petition has well over 100,000 signatures so today it came up for debate...most Tory MPs walked out including the Minister for Work and Pensions
To me this shows a lack of understanding and compassion but at this time of the year it is unforgivable

http://www.change.org/petitions/parliament-debate-uk-hunger-and-rise-in-foodbank-use-jackspetition?share_id=xyiQJVnXEf&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

I already signed this Simona . Something must be done its unbelievable that so many children can go hungry in uk . It's Dispicable that so many MPs walked out of the debate .

Simona
18-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I realised that the link won't show
Is there a possibility an exception can be made for this petition?

Daisy1956
18-12-2013, 07:32 PM
We have a grub tub in church for people to donate all year round they only used to need the food during the winter but now the food in needed all the time. It is criminal in this country that people have to depend on these food banks.