PDA

View Full Version : So sad :(

lizduncan72
18-12-2013, 05:51 PM
My little ad hoc mindee's great granny was knocked down and killed this morning while I had the little one :( mum was a mess at pick up and worried cos she hadn't had a chance to go to the bank so couldn't pay me. (Yes I know I should take money in advance!!!) Just didn't know what to say, obviously told her not to worry about the money, I know I'll get it, they just live across the road so I see them every day but just ft so sorry for her having to go home and tell the little girl :( No point to this post just needed to tell someone :(

Goatgirl
18-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, what a dreadful thing to happen :( :group hug:.
You did exactly what I would have done in that situation. Mum must have been in a state of shock bless her. So sad.....

Simona
18-12-2013, 05:59 PM
My little ad hoc mindee's great granny was knocked down and killed this morning while I had the little one :( mum was a mess at pick up and worried cos she hadn't had a chance to go to the bank so couldn't pay me. (Yes I know I should take money in advance!!!) Just didn't know what to say, obviously told her not to worry about the money, I know I'll get it, they just live across the road so I see them every day but just ft so sorry for her having to go home and tell the little girl :( No point to this post just needed to tell someone :(

Yes very sad but also shows that, at times, we can understand when parents are in terrible genuine situations and we can show support.
I hope your mindee will be ok.

sarah707
18-12-2013, 06:26 PM
So sad big hugs xx

benandjerrys
18-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh that's awful, poor family x

caz3007
18-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Oh how sad. Love and hugs to all xxx

Maza
18-12-2013, 07:54 PM
What a dreadful shock for the poor family. x

blue bear
18-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh how tragic, big hug, poor family x

unalindura77
18-12-2013, 08:06 PM
You must be in shock too! Big hugs to you...:group hug:

loocyloo
18-12-2013, 08:34 PM
How very sad xxx

lizduncan72
18-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone. It's on the front page of our local evening paper tonight so there's no escape from it. Feel so bad for the family, mindees mum and dad just got engaged on Sunday and it was mum's birthday yesterday so they've been having a great week and looking forward to Christmas and now they're just devastated. Just going to try to help out as much as possible and be there for them. Have offered to take LO to nursery next two days so they don't have to face speaking to anyone, I'm going anyway with other mindee so happy to take her along too to help out.

littlemiss60561
18-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Arrrrr that's awful. What a sad shock. Poor family. Welldone to you.she will appreciate that I'm sure x

hectors house
18-12-2013, 10:00 PM
What a terrible thing to happen at any time of the year but just a week before Xmas thats really tragic.

Tulip
18-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Thats just dreadful for everyone, having a thoughtful childminder at such a difficult time can only be of help
Every now and then awful things happen and it just jolts us into remembering whats really important doesn't it
Hope you are ok x