PDA

View Full Version : £750m boost for 2 year old funding

Simona
18-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Where does the DfE find all this money and yet the funding remains so low?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/755-million-to-double-free-childcare-offer-for-2-year-olds

According to the Foundation Years newsflash today the number of 2 year olds has risen from 260,000 to 285,000...is that the reason why they are pushing these children in schools?

k-tots
18-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Where tge money coming from...oh ywar the hard workers who it wont apply toits great for the hard workers on small pay but the middle who are just over the braket but cant afford to send los are the ones missing out.....sorry it just rattles me x

Simona
18-12-2013, 09:16 PM
The second wave of 2 year olds will include SEN and children in care
These kids will need very high quality care, they will be challenging but rewarding to look after.
There is likely to be involvement with other professionals such as Social Services, and those involved with SEN...the paperwork will be very involved too.....all this for £5.09ph when they are 2 then dropping to a lower rate at age 3

Truss et al have to rethink...they can't expect providers to subsidise this too.

All associations welcomed this 'new money' and expansion except for PLA who raised the funding issue again!

£755m to fund free childcare expansion | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1141208/gbp755m-fund-free-childcare-expansion?WT.rss_f=News&WT.rss_a=%C2%A3755m+to+fund+free+childcare+expansi on&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

jackie 7
18-12-2013, 11:49 PM
I met my local early years person and shd said that families with an income of under £16000 will get it I. September. Many councils are starting in April but herts are doing if from January.

Simona
19-12-2013, 07:25 AM
I met my local early years person and shd said that families with an income of under £16000 will get it I. September. Many councils are starting in April but herts are doing if from January.

The current 130,000 children are those from disadvantaged families on a £16,190 income...that is the magic figure!
some LAs have also included children with additional needs and vulnerable children

From Sept 2014 the 285,000 will include SEN and LAs cared for children

jackie 7
19-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Not sure where you are but this was only talked about last week. The workers were working hard to get the extra paperwork done. Also I was told that if someone has got a letter and phoned me I can ask the childrens center to check them out. Before this it was the childrens center who decided who got the funded place and where they could go.

Simona
19-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Not sure where you are but this was only talked about last week. The workers were working hard to get the extra paperwork done. Also I was told that if someone has got a letter and phoned me I can ask the childrens center to check them out. Before this it was the childrens center who decided who got the funded place and where they could go.

All LAs receive guidelines from the DfE on who is eligible
It is the govt, DfE and DWP, who send LAs a list of eligible children
EY will then receive the names of children from various dept within the LA and CCentres too because they are there to help vulnerable families

Parents themselves can refer their children to EY and ask for funding...that is why there is a demand for LAs to advertise the funding as only 92,000 have been placed so far out of 130,000...complicated I know and again each LA may differ

This link to the DfE guidance is very useful and also clearly explains the next wave of children's criteria for funding
Early learning for 2-year-olds: Information for local authorities - Children and young people (http://www.education.gov.uk/childrenandyoungpeople/earlylearningandchildcare/delivery/free%20entitlement%20to%20early%20education/b0070114/eefortwoyearolds)