PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the day.

Sarahj2012
18-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi, well I've had the long awaited call from the inspector to say she is calling tomorrow at 9.30 to do the pre-reg visit.
Any last minute advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Sarah x :panic:

lashely
18-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Good luck :-)

I had my folder with all my policies and 'sample' paperwork it went down really well.

Just be yourself xx

unalindura77
18-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Know your policies off by heart such as what would you do if someone made a complaint or if you suspected a child was being abused?

you'll be asked a lot about safeguarding, equal ops and development...

All the best!

JCrakers
18-12-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure what they do nowadays but 6/7yrs ago when Ofsted did my Pre-reg she just looked round the house.

:D

I didn't have any paperwork up and running. She looked at my space, safety items I had in place, a few bits of paperwork such as the forms I would be using.

Things may have changed in 6/7yrs though but you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Glitter
18-12-2013, 12:17 PM
I had mine last year and I panicked and forgot everything. It was useful to have some notes written down to refer to. For example I had a note book with ratios written in so when asked I said to ensure I was getting it right I would refer to this and showed them the book.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

sing-low
18-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Try and relax (not easy, I know). Remember they _want_ to register you. Good luck.

munch149
18-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I had mine last year and I panicked and forgot everything. It was useful to have some notes written down to refer to. For example I had a note book with ratios written in so when asked I said to ensure I was getting it right I would refer to this and showed them the book. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

I think this is the key. You will not remember everything. The trick is to be able to say where you would look to find out the information

kellyskidz!
18-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Try not to panic!
If she asks you anything you don't know, just be honest and say I'm not entirely sure on that but can I make a note of it and put these steps in place. Remember she's not just there to inspect you, she's there to answer your questions too. Use her if you have anything you want double checking, you might as well because then you know you've got it totally right.
Have everything set out ready for when she comes too so you're not digging in a cupboard looking for a piece of paper (like I did lol!)
Let us know how it goes, good luck xxx

Sarahj2012
19-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi, firstly thank you very much for all your advice, It all helped very much.
The inspector came at 9.30 and she was very nice.
She asked for my id first followed by my certificates.
Then the questions started, 2 1/2 hours of questions, as you might know by my
previous posts I panicked over this as if I'm nervous my brain turns to mush, however
I'm really proud of myself the answers were coming out without any problems I surprised
myself with how much I have learned over the last few months, I did get stuck on a couple
of questions and the inspector prompted me and was really nice about it. She then took 1/2 hour
going around the house and gave me a few pointers on a couple of things.
Then she said those magical words "I'm going to recommend you to Ofsted"
What a fantastic Christmas present for me.
Again thank you all for your advice
Sarah x :):):)

Tulip
19-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Thats fantastic, how wonderful and in time for xmas :clapping:

starschildmind
19-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I had this, this time last year.
I checked the ofsted website daily to see if my details had been put on there, I checked christmas day and they had :) then few days later my certificate arrived....

So keep those eyes pealed :)

Well done... now the fun starts :) xxx

Glitter
20-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Congratulations:clapping:

Now you will be able to relax and enjoy Christmas.

sing-low
21-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Well done, Sarah!:clapping:

Now the fun begins….