PDA

View Full Version : Lateness and issues

Karen1
17-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Third week of new mindee. Age four. Comes twice a week. 9-2 and 9-12.30 with nursery drop only got him until July.

1. Dad is always late to drop off. I explained before contract that would need to be on time as got school run at 9.10
Out of five times here dad has been late three times. The first time I waited for him and son was late for school. Explained to dad that he would need to be here by 9.10 or I would have to leave for school run, that takes ten mins. So for the other two times I have had to leave and return to them waiting on doorstep because dad is late.

2. Child refuses to get ready for nursery and getti him there is a battle.

3. Dad late to pick up by ten minutes today.

Dad just grunts At me, I can't get him to speak!

4. Child wants to do nothing all day, except he says at home he has ipad! I have tried to get him involved in all other activities and he just says no!

Got him again tomorrow and the nursery run, which I am not looking forward too. Not sure the point of this post, except that I am getting annoyed with the situation. Any tips?

Koala
17-12-2013, 10:09 PM
It's going to be a long 6 months - good luck.

The Juggler
17-12-2013, 10:18 PM
if dad is that rude anyway you can't upset him any more. so lay down the law. tell him and then confirm in a letter about him being late. Tell him you will need to leave if he's not there but he can ring and find out where you are and come and find you. LO will improve in time once he gets used to you and the rules xx

Karen1
17-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks.

Yeah it will be a long six months!!

I did start a communication book last week, cos of the behaviour, so think letter in there is a good idea. May get a response then, instead of a grunt!!

K