PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

Tealady
17-12-2013, 08:12 PM
... parents would stop asking me to work my Fridays off as a one off... Oh especially on the 3rd Jan as I would have had some time off over Christmas so they thought I might consider it :mad:

Mrs Scrubbit
17-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Say ' very sorry but no' xx

cathtee
17-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Errrr, no!!! I'd like a long break

Koala
17-12-2013, 10:35 PM
... parents would stop asking me to work my Fridays off as a one off... Oh especially on the 3rd Jan as I would have had some time off over Christmas so they thought I might consider it :mad:

And of course you have nothing better to do than look after their child. It's a laugh innit, can you imagine Tesco's, Metro or schools, asking their employees to come in on their day off because they have had a few days holiday over Christmas and they thought "they wouldn't mind" HA HA :censored: HA that would get in the papers. UNBELIEVABLE but not really!! Nothing surprises me anymore.

Rubybubbles
18-12-2013, 06:52 AM

Hope you said NO

Tealady
18-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Of course I said No!!!!

It just annoys me that people just can see why I might want some time off. I haven't had a full week off since Easter!!!!!

Melanyweb
18-12-2013, 02:40 PM
I work mon to thurs 7.30 till 5.30. When I turned up to school with only my own daughter last week one mum said it was strange seeing me without children. I should work full time!!!!! She only works 2 days a week. Lol.

kellib
18-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I get that too as I don't work Fridays either, I gave in last week and worked Friday, never again, mum was late picking up making my son very nearly late for his swimming lesson! Was not impressed.

Melanyweb
18-12-2013, 03:00 PM
We're not allowed a life. Same mum sometimes sends her daughter to me on Monday for the morning so she can shop in peace. She at the beginning of December asked could I have her daughter for the whole day one Monday in December as she wanted to go to meadowhall. I've asked every week if she needs me and she never lets me know till last minute. Think she's expecting to do it next Monday but she's not asked yet. Not a chance I'll work I'm finishing for Xmas tomorrow. Yippee xx

munch149
18-12-2013, 04:28 PM
I used to occasional work my days off now I won't do it. In what other job would a person do overtime 8-6 or more for £4 per hour. Cos normally if I work my day off its just for one child.