PDA

View Full Version : Fuming right now...visit from environmental health re noise !!!

Pixie dust
17-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Just had a visit from environmental health re a complaint about noise from parents and their cars at drop off/collection. I live on a quiet little road and a have a good relationship with most of my neighbours. I am in total shock that someone hasn't got anything better to do than complain about the car engines. I don't even have a lot of people coming and going plus they don't hang around, 1 parent leaves their engine running which seems to be the main complaint :angry:

Bumble Beez
17-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Urgh...I'm with you...:angry:
It makes me wonder what some people do all day other than watch out of the window for something to complain about!
I have parents dropping from 6:30am and collecting until 7pm and to be fair they are all pretty good and quiet.
There are some neighbours who would probably complain given half the chance, however they would have to turn their music down first lol!
Brush it off...maybe just put a newsletter out reiterating that parents need to make sure they park considerately and to be concious of noise level :thumbsup:

sing-low
17-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I presume that Environmental Health were ok about it and just coming because they have to when someone makes a complaint? If so, I'd try and brush it off - do a newsletter for your parents, like Bumble Beez says (perhaps mention the visit from environmental health to give it some weight) but you can't really do anything else, can you? Do your neighbours really expect you to go and physically turn off someone's car engine because they choose to keep it running?!

Koala
17-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Urgh...I'm with you...:angry:
It makes me wonder what some people do all day other than watch out of the window for something to complain about!
I have parents dropping from 6:30am and collecting until 7pm and to be fair they are all pretty good and quiet.
There are some neighbours who would probably complain given half the chance, however they would have to turn their music down first lol!
Brush it off...maybe just put a newsletter out reiterating that parents need to make sure they park considerately and to be concious of noise level :thumbsup:

Ditto - some folk need to get a life!!

k-tots
17-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Unbelievable. ....eh coming out due to car noise but wont come out re loud music etc.....certainly got their priority right :-/ not

Koala
17-12-2013, 04:02 PM
So to get the facts straight - someone has complained about car noise on a road!! Yeah priorities straight like you say. :panic:

TooEarlyForGin?
17-12-2013, 04:04 PM
I have mentioned on here before about issues with my neighbours, who really hate me. We live in a tiny village with about 100 houses, so plenty of room around us all. But over the years they have continually complained (luckily not to OFSTED yet!), under the data protection act I was able to get copies of all the things they had complained to the council about (although their name and address is blacked out, its totally obvious who it is), I am currently gaining info as am going to go down the road of Harassment or slander as some of it is really bad, I have even informed OFSTED as I assume they will soon catch on and complain to them.

It started with parking, apparently my parents arrive from dawn (7.30am!!!) with their radios blaring and children screaming (which of course they don't). I have tried my utmost to deal with it, but even though parents, when they can, park on my drive, they have now been complaining the headlights are shined directly into their house...... :panic::panic::panic: so whatever I do I cant win. Everyone else in the village have no issues with me, if anything love it that there are children around, as well as I am the only minder to the local primary.

I hate to say it probably won't go away if the neighbours are anything like mine, but if you are aware, it might be useful to start to note things down for your own benefit, as mine has escalated into everything from my "screeching northern accent screaming at the children" (I come from Leicester and now live in Suffolk) to leaving the babies on their own in the house, while I stand purposely keeping the school bus waiting 10 minutes making their windows rattle while I chat to the driver. Its horrible, good job I have 1 parent who is a policeman and another a prison officer, so trust me implicitly.

angeldelight
17-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Just had a visit from environmental health re a complaint about noise from parents and their cars at drop off/collection. I live on a quiet little road and a have a good relationship with most of my neighbours. I am in total shock that someone hasn't got anything better to do than complain about the car engines. I don't even have a lot of people coming and going plus they don't hang around, 1 parent leaves their engine running which seems to be the main complaint :angry:

Well ...I've heard it all now

We moved house due to terrible neighbours ....parties night and day ....lots of noise ,screaming and arguments ...drinking beer outside my house all hours even 8am when parents arrived

Police were out regular

The noise ...constant

No one wanted to know

I just never understand how the system works ....

Poor you

Angel xxx

Koala
17-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I have mentioned on here before about issues with my neighbours, who really hate me. We live in a tiny village with about 100 houses, so plenty of room around us all. But over the years they have continually complained (luckily not to OFSTED yet!), under the data protection act I was able to get copies of all the things they had complained to the council about (although their name and address is blacked out, its totally obvious who it is), I am currently gaining info as am going to go down the road of Harassment or slander as some of it is really bad, I have even informed OFSTED as I assume they will soon catch on and complain to them.

It started with parking, apparently my parents arrive from dawn (7.30am!!!) with their radios blaring and children screaming (which of course they don't). I have tried my utmost to deal with it, but even though parents, when they can, park on my drive, they have now been complaining the headlights are shined directly into their house...... :panic::panic::panic: so whatever I do I cant win. Everyone else in the village have no issues with me, if anything love it that there are children around, as well as I am the only minder to the local primary.

I hate to say it probably won't go away if the neighbours are anything like mine, but if you are aware, it might be useful to start to note things down for your own benefit, as mine has escalated into everything from my "screeching northern accent screaming at the children" (I come from Leicester and now live in Suffolk) to leaving the babies on their own in the house, while I stand purposely keeping the school bus waiting 10 minutes making their windows rattle while I chat to the driver. Its horrible, good job I have 1 parent who is a policeman and another a prison officer, so trust me implicitly.

Sounds like where I live!!

Pixie dust
17-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks everyone I have calmed down a bit now, I am doing a letter that will go out after Christmas now as some children finished today.

mama2three
17-12-2013, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't blame my neighbours for complaining tbh. One parent in particular is so flippin selfish - turns on neighbours drive then doors slamming and loud voices at 715 am followed by allowing lo to hammer on my door , car engine running , - inconsiderate and rude. I have spoken to him , things got better temporarily but have reverted back to form. news letter ready for the new year. He has a naturally loud voice , and has probably been up a while - but that doesnt mean my retired neighbours want him waking them too!
its sometimes easy to blame the neighbours , but we run businesses in residential streets and a little consideration goes a long way.

hectors house
17-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't blame my neighbours for complaining tbh. One parent in particular is so flippin selfish - turns on neighbours drive then doors slamming and loud voices at 715 am followed by allowing lo to hammer on my door , car engine running , - inconsiderate and rude. I have spoken to him , things got better temporarily but have reverted back to form. news letter ready for the new year. He has a naturally loud voice , and has probably been up a while - but that doesnt mean my retired neighbours want him waking them too!
its sometimes easy to blame the neighbours , but we run businesses in residential streets and a little consideration goes a long way.

I have some parents who reverse out of my driveway 90 degrees into my neighbours driveway, I think this is really rude and completely unnecessary - if they turned the other way onto the road there is plenty of room to swing round as we are at top of very quiet cul de sac.

kellyskidz!
17-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Could you not speak to the neighbours, or maybe get the kids to make a card saying sorry about the noise., I did something similar last month, we had no one living in the house joined on for the whole time I minded then a young couple moved in and I thought uh oh!
We were so used to be quite a loud bunch and I panicked and thought they might hate us
I got the kids to make a welcome card and a We'll try to keep it down card. We took them round with some biccies we made and I told the lady how rowdy we could get and I hoped that she'd understand that there might be a bit of noise and it really broke the ice. I'm sure they do get annoyed with us in the garden looking for fairies at 830am but they probably remember that I was polite to them in the beginning and refrain from complaining.
Maybe if you talk to them it might help, although to be fair they do sound pretty mean! But could be worth a shot to save more aggro from them xx

samb
17-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Could you not speak to the neighbours, or maybe get the kids to make a card saying sorry about the noise., I did something similar last month, we had no one living in the house joined on for the whole time I minded then a young couple moved in and I thought uh oh! We were so used to be quite a loud bunch and I panicked and thought they might hate us I got the kids to make a welcome card and a We'll try to keep it down card. We took them round with some biccies we made and I told the lady how rowdy we could get and I hoped that she'd understand that there might be a bit of noise and it really broke the ice. I'm sure they do get annoyed with us in the garden looking for fairies at 830am but they probably remember that I was polite to them in the beginning and refrain from complaining. Maybe if you talk to them it might help, although to be fair they do sound pretty mean! But could be worth a shot to save more aggro from them xx

Ah that's a lovely idea! My neighbours complain about the noise of children coming and going here too. Luckily not to anyone official. But it upsets me as I'm trying my best to get parents and kids to be considerate and don't want to be bad mouthed in my village :-(

Pixie dust
17-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Could you not speak to the neighbours, or maybe get the kids to make a card saying sorry about the noise.

Lovely idea but I don't actually know who made the complaint as they aren't allowed to tell you. The house next to me is empty and there are another 20 on our road .

Koala
17-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Lovely idea but I don't actually know who made the complaint as they aren't allowed to tell you. The house next to me is empty and there are another 20 on our road .

Send a card to all of them saying how sorry and upset you are and are deeply hurt to think your business has caused anyone distress or annoyance and that you are so very very sorry (lay it on thick) see if you can shame the perpetrator and you might get some neighbours on your side and they will think what petty little busybodies the complainant is. :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
18-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Send a card to all of them saying how sorry and upset you are and are deeply hurt to think your business has caused anyone distress or annoyance and that you are so very very sorry (lay it on thick) see if you can shame the perpetrator and you might get some neighbours on your side and they will think what petty little busybodies the complainant is. :thumbsup:

Yep, I agree, send one to all 20 lol. Like Koala said if it doesn't work with those particular ones at least the others might be more on your side and remember your card if the neighbours moan to them or try to get a petition or something equally silly going. I hope thats the end of it though, enviormental health have been so it might placate the moaning minnies! Hope it gets sorted xx

hectors house
18-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Maybe send a Christmas card to everyone in your street from you and the mindees.