PDA

View Full Version : term times only

yvonne269
17-12-2013, 10:36 AM
hi just wondering how it works with term time only. i have someone starting after xmas who goes to collage and the collage is paying for the care, does anyone know how this works do the collage pay in advance or do they pay into my bank after the months work? also do they pay in the holidays to keep the childs place or do i have to charge the parent? thanks in advance. xx

Goatgirl
17-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi,
it will work differently with different colleges and whatever scheme they use.

I did this for a young single Mum who had no money to pay a deposit as I was in a similar position when I was younger, could relate to the difficulties of her situation and wanted to help her and her child.
I was to be paid in arrears by college.So I signed all the forms, little girl came to me every day for 2 weeks then stopped and when I tried to claim the money, the college told me Mum had only attended for the first day...... got zero money and just chalked it up as a learning experience.

I would only do this again if I had payment in advance from parent. Your contract will be with parent, so the parent will be responsible for paying you. However, if parent is in a position where they are attending college full time and having to claim their childcare back, they are unlikely to be able to afford to pay you if something goes wrong.

Maybe you could ask for a deposit and definitely don't go ahead unless all paperwork is in place and you have spoken to college or whoever is supposed to be paying you so that you can ask questions and find out what would happen if parent is off college sick etc....

Good luck, hope ou can work something out that doesn't leave you out of pocket :thumbsup: