PDA

View Full Version : have i got it right

mimo
18-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok my eyfs pack eventually arrived this morning .I just have to reenforce the draw where i keep it along with the food buisness pack i recieved but thats beside the point. After reading it for the morning does it basically mean i just have to make plans for activities i am going to do with the children on a weekly/daily basis write next to said activitie how this fits in with 4 section headings and then write a personal summery for each child including photos and any areas of concern/achievement ,or have i completely missed the point?
Any chance of any examples if this is not correct.Why the goverment and ofsted cannot write there policeys in plain english is beyond me .It would save a lot of paper and postage costs :)

Pauline
18-07-2008, 04:03 PM
You've only just got your pack?????? Goodness, they went out to established minders last year! That's awful when you are supposed to be ready for Sept.

Anyway, back to your post - yes I think you've got most of it in a nutshell, I'm also linking to the 6 areas of learning too CD, PSR&N etc. plus you do need to do some risk assessments.

angeldelight
18-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds like you have everything in order

Why though have you only just received your pack ?

Angel xx

mimo
18-07-2008, 04:12 PM
i phoned and asked them for one after another childminder in our area got one last month we have both been registerd for a good few years .Havent come across any training in our area for it yet either. never mind though.
What policies do i need for it in particular .i already have exsiting behaviour fire safe guarding children safty risk ass confidentuallity equal opps and complaints policeys.

Pauline
18-07-2008, 04:43 PM
You also need, administering medication, un collected child, missing child

:)

mimo
18-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks got the administering meds already forgot to put it down.
Hadnt thought of uncollected child or missing child (do you get to choose which child goes missing on it lol:laughing: )

angeldelight
18-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Have a look on the Bromley website

Angel xx

mimo
18-07-2008, 05:07 PM
just been on there thanks folks better go and adjust my planning sheets and write on the areas it covers . Mind you how i am supposed to plan for a child that i will have on an infrequent basis beats me and he will be the only one actually under eyfs.
ps: pauline your site has some fab ideas on.

Pauline
18-07-2008, 06:19 PM
ps: pauline your site has some fab ideas on.

Awww thanks, that's really kind of you to say so :)

berkschick
18-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Where did you get your pack from? I dont have ANYTHING. No training, no info, nothing :( ( apart from this wonderful site of course! :D )

I rung the early years people yesterday but they have "run out" of packs. Bit thats another thread altogether :panic:

Monkey1
18-07-2008, 06:27 PM
If you call the dcfs (?) they will send you a pack. Other than that it can be viewed on line!

Rainy
18-07-2008, 10:33 PM
You've only just got your pack?????? Goodness, they went out to established minders last year! That's awful when you are supposed to be ready for Sept.

Anyway, back to your post - yes I think you've got most of it in a nutshell, I'm also linking to the 6 areas of learning too CD, PSR&N etc. plus you do need to do some risk assessments.

I only got mine 3 weeks ago and thats only because i ordered it. Didn't realise they should have been sent automatically. :mad:

My inspection was due 2 months ago but have never heard anything so assuming they are waiting until Sept. Oh well i have approx 6 weeks to get everything ready :panic:

Gherkin
19-07-2008, 04:34 AM
My inspection was due 2 months ago but have never heard anything so assuming they are waiting until Sept. Oh well i have approx 6 weeks to get everything ready :panic:

Rainy do nto assume anything about the inspection - they are still inspecting. I just had mine and it was 5 months late.