PDA

View Full Version : how to broach the subject

butterfly
18-07-2008, 12:03 PM
i've got a parent coming later this afternoon for her son's 2nd taster session. this should be her last freebie so she should now be signing the contracts. how do i go about saying this to her though? she's reluctant to leave her son in general and i want to support her but i also don't want her wasting my time!! hopefully she will turn up as she as due last week but called 10 mins before she was supposed to be here to cancel.

Mrs.L.C
18-07-2008, 12:12 PM
mention it as she drops off that you would like to go through the contract with her when shes picks him up is this ok with her?

butterfly
18-07-2008, 12:18 PM
well what a suprise she's just text to cancel AGAIN!! I'm getting a little fed up now so won't be chasing her! had a feeling this one was going to be a pain from the start! she says she'll phone monday to rearrange but i won't hold my breath!!

katickles
18-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Whats her reason to cancel?

Spangles
18-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry to say but this doesn't sound too promising to me.

Maybe she just really can't face leaving her child so she keeps putting it off. That's sad if that's the case but maybe she's just a pain in the bum?

butterfly
18-07-2008, 12:32 PM
she just said something had come up!! i'm really getting fed up now! she's been umming and ahhing for weeks and weeks. one parent's faffing about changing her hours and completely disregarding my min. day's hours thinking she can spread them over two days and one parent hasn't got back to me about whether she wants me to have her son from nov. my only non-hassle parent is a neighbour who i do occassional minding for. she's got an adorable little boy but only needs me very occassionally! why does it always work that way?!!

i think i'm going to put an invoice through the door of one parent who always pays a few days late and ask that she confirms exactly what hrs she wants for sept and remind her that she will need to pay my 2 days min fee if she wants to spread her hours!! i'm getting mean now but i've had enough of being messed about!!

butterfly
18-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry to say but this doesn't sound too promising to me.

Maybe she just really can't face leaving her child so she keeps putting it off. That's sad if that's the case but maybe she's just a pain in the bum?

i think you're right but why does she keep making another appointment? it's not as if i'm phoning her she phones me!!

Pudding Girl
18-07-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't offer settling in unless a contract has been signed actually. I put it in as additional notes that x amount of settling in sessions is offered on x and y days prior to care starting on z date.

Wether I am right or wrong I know not! but I would be scared that people would pretend they needed it when they really wanted a free afternoon!!

crazybones
18-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't offer settling in unless a contract has been signed actually. I put it in as additional notes that x amount of settling in sessions is offered on x and y days prior to care starting on z date.

Wether I am right or wrong I know not! but I would be scared that people would pretend they needed it when they really wanted a free afternoon!!

Same here. :thumbsup:

berkschick
18-07-2008, 12:52 PM

And me!

Have you got all permission forms etc signed by her? You should have really if you are caring for him, even for free. Maybe you could use this as an excuse to get everything finalised.

Also, I offer only one free 2 hour settling in session. If they miss it or cancel at the last minute then tough! I have learnt the hard way too!

butterfly
18-07-2008, 12:53 PM
do you think it would be totally immoral to tell her i've had another enquiry so if she definately wants the space she'll have to sign contracts next week?

katickles
18-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Yeah i do the same thing! We can't all be doing it wrong as so far its working out in our favour.

Sorry Butterfly, but this one sounds far to much like hard work to me. What could have come up that would mean that she HAD to take her lo along? Think she's messing you around myself :(

butterfly
18-07-2008, 12:56 PM

i totally agree! i can feel another change to my policies coming up!! you really do learn by experience in this job!

cloud9
18-07-2008, 02:02 PM
i think you're right but why does she keep making another appointment? it's not as if i'm phoning her she phones me!!

i would be inclined if she calls to say you have filled the vacancy if she is already mucking you around i'd take it as a sign shes a pain and i wouldnt take her on

Pudding Girl
18-07-2008, 02:57 PM
I think it's reasonable for you to call and say either take it and sign or bog off!