PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

bunnyjess
16-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Pick up a LO from playgroup 4 days a week and today playgroup said that on Friday he needs to have someone there with him.
Dad hasn't mentioned this to me at all. Playgroup said just to mention it to dad to see what he says.
I don't have any other children on Friday but I don't really want to go either. Dad obviously would have to pay me if I do go. I will tell dad about it tonight at pick up although he was given a letter.
Just wondering what everyone else would do? Would you go to playgroup or say sorry I can't?

Lottie
16-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Are you contracted for friday? If not then it's not your problem. If you are contracted then it's still up to you. I probably would if there were no other children at the time, and the parents couldn't get out of work.

Mouse
16-12-2013, 04:46 PM
My free time is precious to me and i wouldn't give it up to attend in place of parents, especially when it's not even been mentioned to you.

If you're not contracted to the day it really is up to parents to go. If it is a day when you would collect mindee, it still doesn't mean it is your responsibility. Are you paid while lo is at playgroup? If not, you are under no obligation at all. If you are paid, parents may think you are being paid to be there, so you will have to be ready with your reply that they are paying for you to keep the space open in case lo needs to come to you. They are not paying for you to attend a playgroup event.

bunnyjess
16-12-2013, 04:52 PM
He's only contracted 12.30-6 on a Friday so it's got nothing to do with me when he's at playgroup. I'm going to say to dad about it but I don't see why I should go when nothing's been mentioned to me and it's so close to Christmas.
Dad may have already arranged to go. I feel a bit mean saying I can't do it but it's really not my problem.

FloraDora
16-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I probably have to really get a 'business' head!
My first thought is this poor LO being the only one there without a parent and how she will be looking for someone to be with her......
Even though it isn't my time, I would try to be there if parents can't ...

Mouse
16-12-2013, 05:03 PM
You're right, it's not really your problem.

I would tell dad playgroup said to remind him and leave it at that :thumbsup:

bunnyjess
16-12-2013, 05:04 PM
The thing is they said he can't attend if there's no one with him either. I'm just quite annoyed that I wasn't asked in advance. It takes the mick really to be honest.

greanan
16-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I would go with mindee, I couldn't think of them not getting to something because they had no one to attend with them. I also go to how's and plays, as couldn't bear to think of them in their own with no one watching lol!!! This afternoon I swapped a mindee about to go and watch a school show with a mum and one of my three year old mindees, her siblings were in the show and I took my mindee along - he loved it

sing-low
16-12-2013, 05:51 PM
You haven't been asked to go so I would just pass on the message and leave it at that.

QualityCare
16-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I am assuming that Dad takes him to nursery if you don't so he will have to stay as he hasn't asked you to have him for extra hours or asked you to go in his place, nursery should really have spoken to dad in the morning

bunnyjess
16-12-2013, 07:29 PM
It's ok. Big brother (18) is going. Apparently playgroup were already told! Crisis averted! Thanks all x

bunnyjess
16-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Don't know what the face is about! Meant to say 18 lol