PDA

View Full Version : Am i being a little over sensitive?

AdeleMarie88
16-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello all,
Last Sunday I received an email from one of my parents saying she had started potty training that afternoon, popped pants on and the LO had done three wees in potty and had one accident. Anyway I thought well I think he is ready, I just hope he is ok when we are out and about. Anyway as it happens he had a fantastic week, took to it like a duck to water, only three accidents over the week, very happy to use potty or toilet, and could tell me when he wanted to go fab!

Anyway this morning, mom dropped off with An enormous necklace on, not really my taste but it was so huge I couldn't not acknowledge it, and i said wow is that an early Christmas pressie? And she said no, dad brought it me to say well done for my hard work potty training LO!? Now at this point I thought how strange, shouldn't LO be getting presents, not mom, but then I thought, well hang on, you drop him off at 7.30am in a nappy, which I take off, and then pick him up at 6.45, at which point he goes home, has a bath, and is back in a nappy for bed time at 7.30. If anyone deserves a well done it's me and the LO?? I feel a little hurt by this. Never at any point did I expect a gift for doing my job, but it feels like mom having this ostentatious gift, they have completely bypassed me. All they need to do is say thank you...maybe I am being daft?! X

Mouse
16-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I hate to say it, but yes, I do think you are being over sensitive.

You know you've done a fab job with mindee, but if mum & dad want to congratulate themselves on their parenting skills, just leave them to it.

I'd make mindee a potty training certificate, get them to help decorate it, then send it home, saying to mum that you're so proud of how well mindee has done. For all you know, they may already have given him a little pressie, but if not, your praise is probably more than enough for him :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
16-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Maybe dad was looking for an excuse to give the necklace :-D

AdeleMarie88
16-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Hahahaha

Thank you for being so honest!

I actually wrote him a letter from Santa saying well done for doing so well and wearing pants and so on...I gave it to him earlier which he loved! :) x

Mouse
16-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Hahahaha

Thank you for being so honest!

I actually wrote him a letter from Santa saying well done for doing so well and wearing pants and so on...I gave it to him earlier which he loved! :) x

That was a lovely thing to do and will probably mean much more to him than any present he would have received.

Give yourself a pat on the back. You know you're the one who's probably done most of the hard work, just don't expect any thanks for it from the parents. They don't like to acknowledge someone else has done their job for them :rolleyes:

dawn100
16-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Not sure I would want a necklace for potty training a child just think every time you wear it you would be reminded of cleaning potties!

kellyskidz!
16-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I kind of get what you mean to be honest, mums gotten a gift for doing what you do anyway without expecting anything but I wouldn't think on it, buy yourself a treat for you doing so well with him too, if you like. And If you use their payment, they've technically bought you it lol!
My partner bought me a push present (Pandora charm) when I had our daughter and I found it silly, and a bit unnecessary when we had a perfect new baby, like if he hadn't bought me it I wouldn't have done it lol! But he wanted to buy me something to remember the day by and to show me he cared so I obviously wasn't going to say no. People are different, let Mum enjoy her gift and keep working together with her and congratulate yourself on a joint job well done xx

lisa1968
17-12-2013, 12:48 PM
I suppose because they pay you,then they probably see it as part of the job.

....just be grateful you didn't get the necklace if it was that bad LOL!;)

Koala
17-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Your lucky you get a thank you. :D maybe.

unalindura77
18-12-2013, 10:42 AM
I think it was a little insensitive of the Mom, if it had have been me wearing a ridiculous necklace for potty training (!) I would have said to my childminder "only because of your help too so thank you!"

Hah! Just in that kind of mood really!!

unalindura77
18-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I would have said 'Oh yes what a super excellent job you did indeed!! Hubby must be sooooo proud!!!'

Feeling a bit sarcastic today!